Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Europe Trip - Day 8: Bristol-London-Kuala Lumpur

Yes. My final post on this trip. I thought I would never made it. Haha. On this final day of the trip, thank God no unexpected event happened that day. We left the apartment slightly early since I needed to sort out the ticket issue. Turned out the return tickets were printed together at the machine in London. Talked to the man at the counter, he told me I needed to buy new set of tickets to London and filled in a form to ask for a refund, provided they could find the tickets that were printed at the machine. No running this time. We boarded the train comfortably.
Arrived at London Paddington one hour and 45 minutes later and went straight to baggage storage. It costed 9 pounds per bag. And we had 5 bags to store. Huargh. Better that than carrying the bags around London. Left our bags there and went shopping on Oxford Street. Bought souvenir home from Primark. Then mom felt bad that she didn't buy anything for this granddaughter so we stopped by Gap Kids. No lunch for us as we were still fasting. After covering the whole stretch, we went back to Paddington station. I left my family at one spot and went to the information counter to sort out the refund application. The guy there helped me to fill in the form. He said the person who was responsible to keep lost tickets was not around so he couldn't check with that person. Only if they found the lost tickets, they would refund back my new ticket expenses. Fair enough. Took me about half an hour to sort things out. Then, bought tickets to Heathrow and went back to my family. [I managed to get the refund back for this anyway. Yeay.]
While I was in the toilet to change Tricia's pampers, Shasa Ain arrived. Managed to meet [a very pregnant] her a short while only as we needed to catch the next train to Heathrow airport, which we actually missed. Waited half an hour for the next train at platform 18, only to be informed last minute that the train will be departing from platform 11 at the very last minute. I hate Britain's punctuality with their last minute changes. 
Checked in. Went to VAT counter for refund for hubby's birthday present i.e. Hugo Boss shoes. Should have submitted the form for Tag Hauer purchase but didn't know we needed to submit it here. Went through custom check and all and stopped at a restaurant to break fast. Managed to buy a couple of scarfs from TieRack too. Hehe.
I loved night flight compared to our incoming flight, which was in the morning. One thing for sure, we only needed to play with Tricia for awhile before she fell asleep. Loved the fact that we bought a seat for her even though she was still entitled for infant seat that time. Couldn't imagine having a 10 kg toddler sitting on me for a whole 13 hours. The Kuala Lumpur - London flight was quite a nightmare because we needed to entertain Tricia all the while. She only slept for like a couple of hours or so. Little that I know, travelling with a toddler was much more challenging than travelling with a baby because babies sleep much longer. 
Although we just had dinner, we still ate our food that was served on the flight for sahur. I was impressed that the captain on this flight announced imsak time, i.e. time to stop eating. The crew was also accommodating as they tried to serve us as much water as they could making it convenient for us to fast. We arrived in KLIA around 5.30pm and break fast in Eden KLIA. 

No comments: