Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy new year, 2014

Am I too late to wish all of you a Happy New Year? I guess I am. Haha. We went on a quick holiday near year-end but Tricia was having fever for a week around new year, which has kept me awake most nights and left me tired after the nightmare was over. So no time to blog. It was a nightmare not because the fever was severe. It just won't go away. Whenever we gave her meds, the fever would disappear for 6 hours or so until the meds effect worn off. Went to take her blood and Dr Oo confirmed there was viral&bacteria infection in her blood but what worry my mom was her hemoglobin level was very low at 8. Mom worries it might be iron deficiency anemia/G6PD/minor thalessemia. We will let her body recover whatever supply for now but we will have to revisit that issue later.
I still owe myself lots and lots of vacation update but I guess that will just have to wait. My dearest colleague, Soke Yee, got married recently and although she wanted to keep her marriage leave for later, I told her to take it now because she will only be going for her honeymoon after I got back from maternity leave. By then, her marriage leave would have expired already. Hence I'm quite busy at work now.
Towards new year, I heard one topic in the radio talking about worst memories in 2013. My initial thought was none. Then I remembered. My dearest father passed away in 2013. It may not leave as big an impact on me as it would on his other family members, but I felt the loss nevertheless. Sometimes I felt like calling him but he is no longer around. So I will just divert my attention to focus on the arrival of our new family member soon.
Hmm, that's all for now. Wanted to update on our most recent trip to Tasik Kenyir but too lazy to start digging the pictures. Hehe. Later then. Going on another trip this Friday to Tanjung Jara Resort. Woohoo!!!

No comments: