Hello hello. Since we moved into the new office in KL sentral 2 weeks ago, I had been taking the KLIA transit from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) / Bandar Tasik Selatan (BTS). I loved the idea of beating traffic especially on a rainy Friday night. But knowing me I always arrived just on time and that means I always need to RUN to catch the train. Sounds healthy eh? except I am heavily pregnant at 6.5 months and I think sometimes it is kinda dangerous for me to keep be doing that.
Mom has been worried that my legs are now kinda puffy since I am not even 7 months pregnant yet. She said it could be the beginning of Preeclampsia — a serious disorder characterized by high blood pressure and protein in your urine — most often shows up after 37 weeks, but it can happen earlier so it's important to be aware of the warning signs of this condition. Call your caregiver if you have swelling in your face or puffiness around your eyes, more than slight swelling of your hands, excessive or sudden swelling of your feet or ankles, or rapid weight gain (more than 4 pounds in a week). With more severe preeclampsia, you may experience other symptoms. Let your caregiver know immediately if you have a severe or persistent headache, vision changes (including double or blurred vision, seeing spots or flashing lights, sensitivity to light, or temporary loss of vision), intense pain or tenderness in your upper abdomen, or vomiting. Copied from http://www.babycenter.com
Went for check up last weekend with Dr Tan but he was very brief. He checked my blood pressure. Checked the size of my belly, which was normal for 26 weeks. Checked the position of the baby, the water level and everything was okay. But he didn't check my feet. Met him for less than 5 minutes, I think. I miss Dr Siti although it was just amazing that everything was done by 9.30am, when we only arrived there at 9am. Unlike when Dr Siti is around, we need to reach the hospital by 7am to get in front of the queue and we are usually done only after 11am or so.
So yesterday after I went back to KL to send abang's graduation picture, hubby massage my legs lightly and I could see great difference in my right leg. I can now see my ankle. Haha. Left leg still a bit puffy but I believe it was slightly better than before. Huhu. Don't know what else I can do to relieve the puffiness other than elevating my legs at office and when I sleep (which both I didn't do =p). Would exercise help? But isn't walking and running considered exercising. That was a contributing factor to all these. I don't know. One of my colleagues went on maternity leave so she temporarily grant me access to her parking. So no more running to catch the train now for me. And mom said no stress. Okay. Work has been pretty quiet so no stress at work too. Please pray that I have a smooth labour later and at least if it has to be early, at least let the baby be full term.. 36 weeks and above. To that, 9 weeks to go!
So yesterday after I went back to KL to send abang's graduation picture, hubby massage my legs lightly and I could see great difference in my right leg. I can now see my ankle. Haha. Left leg still a bit puffy but I believe it was slightly better than before. Huhu. Don't know what else I can do to relieve the puffiness other than elevating my legs at office and when I sleep (which both I didn't do =p). Would exercise help? But isn't walking and running considered exercising. That was a contributing factor to all these. I don't know. One of my colleagues went on maternity leave so she temporarily grant me access to her parking. So no more running to catch the train now for me. And mom said no stress. Okay. Work has been pretty quiet so no stress at work too. Please pray that I have a smooth labour later and at least if it has to be early, at least let the baby be full term.. 36 weeks and above. To that, 9 weeks to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment