Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Europe Trip - Day 3: Disneyland, Paris

One of the reasons I chose to stay near Chatelet metro station was the connectivity to a few train lines. To go to Disneyland, we had to take RER A train to Marne La Vallee station. This train run above ground. When the train arrived, I was surprised to see that it was a 2-storey train.
Disneyland tickets were bought online for GBP50 per person for adults in conjuction with the 20th Anniversary occasion. Awal2 sampai dah kene pau belon. It was in July so it was summer school holidays in Europe. Summer = too hot. School holidays = quite packed.
Our first ride is the It's A Small World water boat ride. I was quite amazed to see that people just leave their stroller by the side. I guess no one will steal your stroller here. Haha.
After the first ride, we were already so hungry as it was nearly lunch time and we didn't have proper breakfast before. So we stopped for brunch at a cafe and had fish and chips. No pictures. Too hungry.
They had quite a number of actors running around as Disney characters. Here's Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Carribean, which also the name for our second ride of that day. I don't have a clear shot inside the ride. This was also a water boat kind of ride like the first one.  It was a family ride but not suitable for expectant mother. Mind you, I already know I was pregnant that time but my mom said should be okay for me so of course I joined! If it is suitable for a baby, I'm sure I could take it.
Third ride of the day was boat ride. I had no idea why all the rides we went on was water-based. Haha.
 
The thing about travelling with both a toddler and a senior citizen is that you need a lot of rest. By this time, my mom was complaining already. She couldn't walk anymore so we took another break at a cowboy eatery, where there were seats under the trees. We also took the opportunity to perform our Zohor and Asar prayer before continuing our adventure for the day.
After that, we went on our last ride, train ride around the Disney park. The ride suited the situation as my mom was already too tired to walk so we get to see the park without leaving the train. We went down at the entrance. At that time, it was around 5pm. We thought we were just on time to catch the Disney parade but because it was summer, Disney parade only happened at 7pm.

My family didn't want to walk to Walt Disney studios park that was just nearby so we just sat in front of the huge 20th anniversary sign to wait for the parade. Hubby went to buy Starbucks outside the park. I went to get us some sandwich from a cafe. While waiting, mom met some Malaysians who was on holiday so they got talking. I just sat, taking pictures and walked around. Asked my brother try the Space Adventure ride but he refused to go alone. So he spent his time taking pictures too.
Last but not least, the event we had been waiting for. The Disney Parade! There was like 20 minutes delay and I had been standing at the position 15 minutes before 7pm. Oh my legs. To give Tricia a better view, I carried her on my shoulder. Taking the risk of carrying something heavy at such fragile pregnancy stage. But alhamdulillah, adik survived. Strong as the sister. ^_^ It was such a memorable event. We had so much fun although we only managed to go on 4 rides. Tricia enjoyed the parade as I could feel her dancing on my shoulder while patting my head. LOL.

No comments: