Monday, December 02, 2013

Europe Trip - Day 2: Paris

First destination was of course, The Louvre, which was a walking distance from our hotel. Somehow it didn't look as grand or as big as the first time I was here. Guess I grew up, huh. Didn't buy tickets to enter the museum as the line was super long and I didn't think my mom would enjoy spending her whole day there. So we took some pictures and walked to Tuileries Garden, all the way to the Obelisque.

After that, we continued walking towards Champs Elysees. By this time, I was too thirsty so I was the first one to break the fast. Other follow suit soon after. We stopped by Starbucks at Champs Elysees and left my mom to take care of Batrisyia there, who was sleeping in her stroller. Went to a few shops but nothing caught our eyes. Tried to look for a bakery shop Mimi brought us to before but couldn't find it. Found a halal shop but decided to go back straight to the hotel to rest. We took the metro back to Chatelet station and found a grocery store on the way back, where we stock up our supplies, mainly water. Rested for an hour or so, had lunch and went back out to Palais Garnier or Academie Nationale of Musique. Tickets were bought online EUR 10 per person. We just had to show our printed tickets to enter. The place was magnificent, simply beautiful that I thought I should bring my mom here. 

Going with my husband means plenty of stops for drinks. So we stopped for a drink at the exit. Walked over to Gallery LaFayette, then off we went back to the hotel again. The luxury of having a place in the middle of town. One thing about this Chatelet metro station is that it has so many exits that we were always confused which exit we came up from every time. This time we found a halal kebab/burger shop nearby our hotel that was opened until late. Bought food for our dinner and went back to freshen up.
Last but not least, our final agenda for the day was going up the Eiffel Tower. These tickets were also purchased online, EUR 8.50 for adult, EUR 7 for student, up to the second level and somehow this is the only slot available for us, at 10.30pm. Went by metro and managed to buy some souvenier T-shirts for the kids at the metro station here. Had a video taken when the lights changed colours at night. Very nice. I think it was done at 1 hour interval as we managed to watch it twice. Once when we were up there. And the next time, we were by the roadside. Took a cab back to the hotel and off we went to dreamland.

No comments: