Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tired but fulfilling weekend of BWM, BBW and EscapeRoom

Hello peeps. First day back at work after a 3-day weekend and I'm feeling extremely tired today. Took Monday off to rest and re-energised but it was exactly the opposite of what really happened.
Friday night
Hubby and brothers went for badminton session from 12-3am. I was SO sleepy already so I told hubby I'll just wait for him at home in Nilai. But when my little girl, who is nocturnal, looked at me and said let's go... I relented. After all, no work on Satuday. So I went and kept chasing her around until 1.30am or so when finally I couldn't take it anymore and fell asleep on the chair... in a sitting position. Went back home with Kak Azah around 2am and this happened:
Qys: Mummy, kenapa perut auntie Farah gemuk?
Kak Azah: Sebab auntie Farah mengandung.
Qys: Owh, auntie Farah makan byk sgt sebab tu laa mengandung.
Adesss... I ate too much and that's how I got pregnant. But what I LOVE about this conversation the most is the innocence in that statement. Kids are way TOO advanced nowadays... with rape/sexual assault commited by children as young as 7 years old, it is just worrying. So it is extremely nice to hear such an innocent statement like that coming from a kid.
Saturday
Woke up "early" around 9.30 or so to pick up our new baby. Arrived at the centre around 12 but only managed to leave the place around 1.30pm. That was only after I stormed out the office because we had been waiting way too long than I could tolerate. We already called one day earlier to say we were going to pay via credit card and when we arrived that day, they told us the machine broke down. Only when I stormed out he suggested to pay at another branch's office. Pfffttt. They love to test the patience of a pregnant woman, huh?
From Puchong to Cyberjaya to Nilai to Bangi to Setapak to Ampang to Setapak to Bangi to Nilai. Cost us RM90 petrol. Is that expensive? I can't tell... Went to Tamarind Springs in Ampang that night to have dinner with mummy and abang. It was a beautiful, BEAUTIFUL place but 4 plates of rice, 4 king prawns, 2 bowls of tomyam and 1 plate of fish cost us RM400! Damn expensive T_T. Went back to Nilai and had durian fiesta before calling it a night.
Sunday
No plan on Sunday. We just wanted to sleep in. Was supposed to call someone to clean the house but the woman didn't call back. Anyway, I asked my friend Uda to go to the Big Bad Wolf expo with me and we managed to arrive there at 8am. Here's my catch for the day. 15 books for RM111.15 after 5% discount with OCBC card.
Was a lazy day the rest of the day where we hang out in Nilai to pass the time and spend time with family.
Monday
Woke up in Nilai because we were going to Seremban to take Tricia's 2-year-old jab. It was for Hep A, first dose and an optional one. Had breakfast first cooked by my lovely MIL. Got no 15 and had to wait for 1 1/2 hours. Then, I rushed back and picked up Irna for our date with Cyan and Hudam for our escaperoom session. I called to ask which room was suitable for pregnant woman, and the guy who answered suggested we tried Mummy or Prison room. Since mummy's difficulty was lower than prison, we chose that one for this round. It was our first time and the experience was awesome although we didn't manage to crack the code for the last puzzle on time. We were given 45 minutes and we could ask for clue two times within the time limit, which we did use. Would definitely go again to try other rooms. More info at escaperoom Before I went, I was looking for cheatsheet or spoilers online. Lucky I couldn't find any as it will definitely kill the fun! So yeah, I am not going to be the fun buster and post any spoiler.
After that, we went back to Cyan's place in Damansara Damai for our cake and cupcake session. Went back, picked up Tricia and did a bit of cleaning that I could manage and woke up today feeling extremely tired. But all-in-all, I had a fulfilling weekend.
my girl on a date with her papa while I was away with friends

No comments: