Sunday, March 03, 2013

Health Check

If you read my last post in January on our trip to Jerai, you would have known that I was planning to go for a blood test. It was kinda lucky that I didn't go that weekend because I found a health check up deal on mydeal.com.my for only RM89 at Well Again, Dataran Mentari, Sunway. It included blood test, urine test, machine test and BMI check. I bought it in Jerai and went for the check up last weekend. I expected good results from the check up as I don't have serious health problem and my health checks when I was pregnant were always good. To my surprise, it wasn't that good. 
One thing for sure, my water content was very low. It led to various not-so-pretty results. 1) My body weight composition. Fat content was high, muscle and water were low. Quite frustrating to see that since now I am an avid gym-goer. Told myself that maybe before I started going to the gym again, the result could have been worse. My BMI was borderline fat at 24+, which I already knew. (Fat >25) 2) My blood was quite thick. Mom said thick blood could be caused by two things: lack of water or high cholesterol. I think it was lack of water because I could only see speckled of cholesterol in my blood. Detailed result of blood test would only be obtained later. 3) My kidney & urinary system was not good, again due to lack of water. (This was a result from the machine test). 
The machine test gave interesting results I don't really understand. General Analysis gave 6 results: a) Vitality/Meridien Energy index b) Metabolism Index c) Mental State Index d) Tendon Bone, Qi & Blood Index e) Throid Gland index and f) Autonomic Nerve Index. Basically, everything was normal except my Mental State Index. It was deemed too high because of the high toxicity in my body, probably due to the fact that I am a meat eater and didn't eat enough fruits and veges. Wah... I have always been hearing about all these detox products but never really cared to try them because I don't know what it is. You can't really see these toxin thingy and to me, it just seem like another marketing strategy to sell some weird products. I didn't know they can report that in health report. Another thing is the pH level in my body. At 5.5 it was very acidic. Yes, I know 7 is neutral. Again, too much meat, not enough veges and fruits. Vitamin C was at the right level. Do I take vitamins regularly? Not at all.
My physiology function analysis again from the machine test reported my endocrine system was hypo-health (in between normal and weak) due to high hormone level in my body. This could be due to stress at work. Liver and kidney functions also hypo-health due to lack of water and high toxicity. Immune system was weak. She said I fall sick easily, which was not true. Let mom read the result and she said this is interconnected with stress level. When you are stressed, you produced a lot of hormones that suppressed your immune system. Made more sense. There were a lot more results from the machine test but I am just going to skip that since 1) I don't fully understand them 2) More or less explained the same things. Toxin - Lack of water - yada yada yada.
Vaginal swab was quite gross. I saw A LOT of moving things ie bacteria from it. I was told that they were good bacteria. At 40-50%, it wasn't enough. It was supposed to be around 80%. Mom said again, this is related to the hormone level in my body. Stress actually disrupts the balance in the body. Last but not least, I could see worms in my blood. Hubby and I went straight to the pharmacy and bought worm pills.
The test was such an eye-opener. I was glad I took it. Waiting anxiously for my blood test result. Lesson learned: Drink more water and eat more veges and fruits.

No comments: