Saturday, February 23, 2013

Universal Studios Singapore (part 2)

After lunch, Layen and I continued our journey to the left side of the park. We reached Far Far Away land. I wanted to go on the Enchanted Airways roller coaster but Layen said we shouldn't given that we just had our lunch so we went to Shrek 4D Adventure instead. We saw the 20-minute waiting time and entered, only to discover that the previous group just went in. So we were the first in line for the next show. It was such a sleepy wait. The show was good. We were seated in moving chairs in a theater, sprinkled with water when the donkey sneezed and felt spiders (or was it rats) running at our feet. Looked for Princess dress for Tricia from the gift shop but couldn't find any.

Then we went to The Lost World. Both the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure and Canopy Flyer had a 40-minute waiting time. No, thank you. Next Waterworld show was at 5.30pm. So we went back to the Revenge of the Mummy ride, which was just next to The Lost World. After that, we performed our prayer at their surau, which was located in between Ancient Egypt and Sci-Fi City.
By then, it was already 4.30pm. The queue at Rapids Adventure had subsided to 15 minutes. Yeay. Put on our raincoat, brought all the way from home and off we went. Next was the canopy flyer with 10-minute waiting time only. How lucky. Hehe. The funny thing was we found this ride to be scarier than our Cylon Battlestar Galactica ride as we felt unsecured and exposed. Haha.
5.30pm it was just nice to watch the Waterworld show. The stunts done were amazing and the interaction with the audience was good. The actors would splash and splash water to those who were seated in front, where the super wet zone was. Here's the Waterworld show set. On the way to the exit, we passed the Ancient Egypt zone again and saw 5-minute waiting time on Treasure Hunters jeep ride. It was more a ride for kids but what the heck.
Our very last show was Lights, Camera, Action!, where we were ushered into a small studio and were shown how a level 4 hurricane was filmed. It was quite cool to see how extensive the preparation for one small scene could be. After that, we did some shopping and bid everyone else goodbye. Had dinner at an Indonesian restaurant in Vivocity shopping centre, which was closing in about a week's time due to shortage of staff. Took the MRT back to Terminal 1 airport.

Checked-in. Performed our prayers. By this time, I was VERY VERY VERY sleepy already due to the lack of sleep I had the night before. Went to our gate and I went to find myself a row of seats to sleep on while Layen patiently sat beside me. Did I snore? I don't know and I don't want to know. Was just TOO sleepy to care at that time. Fell asleep as soon as we boarded the plane and was suddenly woken up by a steward. I thought I was snoring too loud but apparently the aisle seat was damaged in some way and I had to move to a seat behind. Not that the seat affected me but I just did what I was told. Resumed sleep immediately. When we arrived, Layen told me the take off and landing were pretty rough but I couldn't feel a thing because I was in a very deep sleep. Was fetched by my lovely hubby and baby.
A HUGE thank you to my hubby for letting me have some much-needed me time. Come to think of it I should have more me time first half of this year before we decided to conceive again. With two babies later, it is going to be HARDER to take a break. Thank you to my ever so cool and patient theme-park buddy Layen for going with me and accommodating to my every need. Thank you Yat for letting us tag along with you even though we actually went separate ways most of the time. 

No comments: