When I was having dinner with friends the other day, I heard them talking about how their financial would be like when they got married. Some ppl say have joint accounts as you share the same expenses anyway, have joint accounts for expenses but separate accounts for yourself and so on. For me, after I got married, nothing changed much. Main reason, I suspect, is that before we got married, we already have joint telephone bill. I think it serves as a practice for us in terms of sharing our monthly commitments. So every month hubby will pay his portion of the bill to me. Well actually, not necessarily HIS portion, he pays a fixed amount, thus it is possibly a little more/less than his actual bill.
Then when we got married, house was taken care of by my mom. Our additional fixed costs now, on top of our telephone bills (both maxis and digi), are astro and electricity bill. I will normally take care of this as I am the self-appointed account manager of the house (all of my mom's houses actually including the ones in KL but mummy will write a cheque for me to cover her expenses). Being the one who rarely carries cash around, hubby normally has to pay for my food when we are out together. As we eat out quite often, I have to remind you that THIS portion is not small. We pay for our own car loans, maintenance, petrol, tolls but other than that, we don't keep track. Sometimes he pays. Sometimes I pay. Whoever feels like paying. Groceries, tables, clothes, shoes, whatever. So do we really need a joint account? No, I don't think so.
Okay. This is one expense I will normally absorb for hubby.
Travel & Vacation.
1) This is not a necessity, but a luxury. Most of the time, I plan it myself.
2) Hubby knows I can afford it.
Still... when we got there, who do you think will pay for my food and nitty-gritty expenses? You guess it. Him.
End of story. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment