Thursday, September 30, 2010

ICEROOM Serves Non-Halal Chicken

Hello, ppl! Shocking news I got yesterday. ICEROOM with outlets in Nilai, PD, Bangi and few other places serves non-halal chicken. It is shocking to me coz I have been there a few times and obviously ate their chicken/meat products. I must admit my mistake here. First time I went there I was a bit doubtful. But I saw their workers (some are Muslims) and I saw some mosque goers with their families eating there so I became confident. I guess they feel that way too seeing me there. Apparently, ICEROOM didn't even have any Halal certificate so it is NOT their fault coz we just ASSUME. I got to know about it from comments on some strangers blog. I straight away asked my youngest brother-in-law who works as a cook over there. (He's a chef) And he confirms it!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhh... Now I feel a HUGE responsibility to spread the words to everyone via blog, twitter, facebook whatever so that other ppl can learn from my mistake.
I am not trying to kill their business here as the owner is a friend of my parents-in-law. Again, not putting the blame on the business as they are only trying to make money rather than being concern of other ppl's religious belief. And they serve the best SNOWICE in town. So just be careful. Spread the news to other ppl not to eat their meat products. Their snowice is still a must try.

3 comments:

layen said...

Oh ini kedai yg hijau terang tu kan?

Hmm why don't they use halal chicken anyway? Surely they'd get more customers that way?

Amethyste said...

Thanks for the heads up! I've never been there actually but now I really wanna try their snowice...sounds yummy!

Farah Haida said...

Layen: Ntah la... Byk keje kot but currently diorg main serve je food tuh to everyone. Pekerja die won't tell you pon the food is non-halal. You order, they deliver. Malaysian being ignorant, tak kisah pon since die tak serve pork, ppl just assume halal. So their customers still ramai. Hoho.
Mimi: Yup... I like their snowice... Hehe