Thursday, October 14, 2010

Manual it is!

There is nothing else I am obsessed about now apart from my new baby-to-be, Proton Inspira. Yesterday I was in a big dilemma whether to buy a manual or an auto transmission as I got excited with the tiptronic/pedal shifter thingy. Even called up my car dealer to change the order but was told pedal shifter is only available in the 2.0 liter model. Today, I look up Paul Tan's website and found his review. I would like to highlight these two paragraphs.
"Naturally the 1.8 liter manual felt like the best driver’s car of the lot. The steering somehow felt more precise and had better feedback compared to the other models. According to Proton, the entire setup was designed mainly on the 1.8L manual version so that could be why it felt sharper, and it could also be that the 1.8L manual had a lighter front end compared to the models with the presumably heavier CVT transmission and even the larger engine block for the 2.0L model.
Ride comfort is better than the Lancer GT, because of the different tyres used, and the P3-90A just had a natural stability that’s hard to unsettle even at the extremes, and that helps the driver feel so much more confident in controlling the vehicle. I didn’t feel any issues with the 5 gear ratios of the manual transmission nor the way the gears slotted into position so I suppose if I don’t feel annoyed they should be properly spread. The clutch is also light and easy to control. I think the model I like the most is the manual."
If only I found this review earlier, I wouldn't have even considered the auto transmission. Just TOO MUCH noise around asking forcing me to get the auto model. Now I am contented. hehe.

No comments: