Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tricia dah "sunat"

Hubby requested I blog about this event. Not that I won't but the fact that he requested it should mean that it is pretty important. He wants Tricia to read about this one day. Yesterday, 21/03/12, Tricia was 4 months and 11 days old. I took leave to bring Tricia for her so-called "circumcision". I said so-called with the inverted commas because it is not like what we do to the boys. It is just a small cut done down there (don't ask me specifically where because I didn't dare to look yesterday) just buat cukup syarat. I initially thought it was just customary to the culture, not a religious requirement. But after some research done with Abby, we found out that it is actually sunat to khatankan girls. So I decided to just do it. Asked Kak Azah and she did Qysteena's at Klinik Sariah in Bandar Baru Nilai.
I was nervous... When we arrived, Dr Sariah was not around. Apparently, she does the night shift. Dr Zaiton was on duty. After much thought, and since we were already there, we decided to just do it with her. People told me that the Dr will only use a needle to perform the procedure. But when I entered the Dr's room, there was this metal container with a metal scissors in it. (Panic!) So I just held Tricia's hand and stared at her face. She was looking and smiling at me. Guilt crept inside of me. (Soon she will feel the pain and not want to smile at me anymore. But we had to do it, my dear. It is sunat.) Her father was looking at what the Dr was doing. But within a minute, it was all done. Tricia didn't even cry! I was so relieved and proud. Dr commented, "terdiam die sekejap". But that was it. I didn't dare to look at the cut or whether there was blood but the maid told me there was no blood at the pampers when she changed it later. Lega... ^_^

No comments: