I got into a minor accident today. It wasn't major at all. I was driving my normal route to work this morning and suddenly I felt the car jolted, in front of the TUDM airport. Initially I thought I failed to balance the fuel injection into my manual-transmission car's engine. Then I thought, it couldn't have jerked that bad. So I looked at my rear-view mirror and noticed that the car behind me was extremely close to mine. Oh my. First time got into an accident alone.
So I went down, took the guy's number, asked for his card (he didn't have one), took picture of both cars and drove off. Just like that. He promised he would cover the repair cost and everything but who knows. Hard to find honest people on the road these days. I also didn't press for anything that time and that is clearly my fault. Reason being, I hate to fight. When it is unnecessary like this, I would just avoid it. Unnecessary compared to the trouble I had to go through dragging him to the police station or made him pay me on the spot. I was alone and late to work. And to me, it wasn't that bad. If I had to cover the cost myself, I could probably afford it... UNTIL I was told that the estimated repair cost is around RM1K (550 for bumper, 380 for paint job and labour charges, around 100 for plate holder). Oh God. Pengsan.
I called back this guy. His name is Mr Lee by the way. (I don't know why people kept asking me the guy's race... Quit being racist people.) And told him about the estimated cost. He checked with another Proton service centre and was told that the cost would be more or less the same. What I didn't expect was, he asked me to share the cost with him =_=. Okay. That was direct. I said since I'm a bit broke at the moment, I am only willing to top up around RM100... since he asked for it. So his total cost should be around RM900. Yeah. Yeah. I should NOT have done that. But I was in a good mood and my day could have just gotten worse than that so to me it was not that bad. So I sent in my car just now... The mechanic warned me to get the payment first BEFORE I sent the car in for repair. But again... so not worth my trouble.
My car
His car (no scratch at all)


No comments:
Post a Comment