(Abby, I stole your post title coz I didn't manage to read it on yours. Where is it? Put it back. I wanna read it. Haha =p)
Yesterday was a public holiday. It was the first time Malaysia celebrating Malaysia Day... the day Sabah and Sarawak joined Tanah Melayu and we became Malaysia. I actually find it unnecessary to have that as a public holiday since we already have Independence Day but I LOVE HOLIDAYS and it goes in line with the 1Malaysia concept so why not.
Yesterday was a public holiday. It was the first time Malaysia celebrating Malaysia Day... the day Sabah and Sarawak joined Tanah Melayu and we became Malaysia. I actually find it unnecessary to have that as a public holiday since we already have Independence Day but I LOVE HOLIDAYS and it goes in line with the 1Malaysia concept so why not.
However, yesterday to me was more of a family day. I woke hubby up early in the morning to have breakfast with my mom. Then went to Mak's house coz my DAD was coming over! That was the second time I see him, first for hubby, since they day we got married. That's nearly a year already. Then we had to rush back to LCCT to pick up hubby's parents and siblings who went to Aussie for this Raya break. And all of them agreed on one thing: Australians are very friendly.
What crossed my mind that time was this - Malaysians USED TO be friendly. We WERE known for our friendliness to the rest of the world. But I think that's not the case now anymore. Why? Abby said coz we are scared to be friendly these days. It's too dangerous. And I agree. Just look at this Sosilawati case. Scary, I tell you.
Anyway, back to the title of this post. I wanna do a shout out to my stalker out there. The model who paid for my carwash, remember? I was friendly for a bit and now he is my freaking stalker. Only after 2 days of talking to me on the phone, he has already been "missing me everyday". Now won't stop sms-ing, with a 2 to 3 days interval. I have stopped replying since the 5th day we "met" each other. ("Met" him Saturday. He missed me already on Monday. Deleted him from FB Tuesday. Last SMS sent to him by me Wednesday.) "Met" coz we didn't actually meet that day, I saw him, he saw me. End of story. No talking. If I bumped into him on the street, I won't actualy recognise him. But one thing for sure, I am now quite scared of any white Satria Neo approaching and now barring myself from answering unrecognised numbers. Damn you, psycho model. You are making life difficult for me. And how did it start? By being friendly...
4 comments:
"model" pun sangap ke... kate hensem?
scared of being friendly? ye ke?
i think, to the tourist yes, we are friendly. but not to the locals. we tend to tegur foreigners esp the orang putehs but among malaysians, i dun tink we do dat anymore.
n wats with this model??? adoi! bkn da kasi warning tru sms kah??
Bojol: Kan????? Obvious gile ade agenda "tersembunyi". Agak2 la kan
Irna: Ngan foreigners pon kite dah kurang friendly la. Lebih2 lagi yg bukan puteh. Aku tak sound pon die. Malas nak pjg cite. Aku terus senyap. Pandai2 lah paham sendiri
The first thing that went through my head when I read your first Model entry was "Nothing good can come out of this.." and I told Mimi that. Haha.
Post a Comment