My uncle aka Abah passed away peacefully yesterday morning. While it is understandable that his family members are grieving and crying, I am actually happy for him. Looking back, he had a good life. He did a lot of good including providing a place for a child like me to grow up. He took care a lot of others too with his wife, my aunt aka Mak. He raised 4 children and have 11 grandchildren in total. He performed Haj twice and attended religious classes regularly. At the end of his life, he practically had nothing much to look forward to.
No, I didn't cry... Not because I don't love him but I have accepted the cycle of life. I didn't cry when my own grandfather passed away either. I think very few people's passing will garner my tears. That'd be my hubby and my mom coz my life depends heavily on them. Taking them away from me would mean taking a piece of me... Changing my life completely... Putting my life at a halt. They are my pillars. Don't get me wrong. I love more people than just the two of them. My dad, my brother, my family, my in laws, my closest friends. I love all of them. I would be sad, I would be devasted, I would be frustrated but this is the cycle of life and I have no control of it. Hence, life has to go on.
No, I didn't cry... Not because I don't love him but I have accepted the cycle of life. I didn't cry when my own grandfather passed away either. I think very few people's passing will garner my tears. That'd be my hubby and my mom coz my life depends heavily on them. Taking them away from me would mean taking a piece of me... Changing my life completely... Putting my life at a halt. They are my pillars. Don't get me wrong. I love more people than just the two of them. My dad, my brother, my family, my in laws, my closest friends. I love all of them. I would be sad, I would be devasted, I would be frustrated but this is the cycle of life and I have no control of it. Hence, life has to go on.
Life is like playing games. You have lives... Make the most of it, complete mission, level up and stuff... Until it's game over for you. So when you achieved most of your missions, have a good game/life, be reasonably prepared for death, you should be not be terribly sad to leave this temporary world... except for the fact that you would be leaving your loved ones behind. Worry not, we will all meet again in the future... The eternal life... That being said, I do worry if my life got cut short unexpectedly (though we should always expect it everyday as we never know when our time is up). Going unprepared is a scary2 thought as you won't have a second chance in life... There in the afterlife, you would be judged by all the deeds you have done here on earth.
That being said, I hope Abah could rest in peace di alam barzakh. So far, he had it good. His passing was smooth and despite being sick since last Wednesday, he was blessed to leave the world on Friday morning and managed to catch the jemaah of Friday prayers before being buried. Al-Fatihah.
No comments:
Post a Comment