As planned, I went to Singapore to accompany my mom for her conference with my baby Batrisyia. The last time I was there was 1995. That was *gasp* 18 years ago. I'm sure the trip then was very different with this trip because 1) so much has change and 2) now that I am an adult, I have to arrange everything myself! We departed from KLIA at 10.50pm so we arrived around midnight. The journey back to our hotel, Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore took about 20 minutes or so. By meter, it was supposed to cost around SGD13 but it was doubled due to midnight charge. I did my reservation on booking.com and check-in process was smooth. We paid extra for harbour view and the view was spectacular. Since we arrived past mid-night, we went to bed as soon as we settled down.
Luckily I didn't pay for breakfast upfront because Friday morning, we woke up quite late. My mom did not even have time for breakfast. We went down at the coffee house but mom changed her mind and straight away took a cab to the conference. I was left alone with Batrisyia while having coffee and waiting for the SAEx bus to arrive. It was very convenient to go to the zoo. For SGD5 one way, the bus picked us up from the airport and straight to Singapore Zoo. While waiting Tricia and I made new friends. We met Valeria from Brazil with her son Thomas, 7. They were very nice. However, since Tricia was sleeping when we arrived at the zoo, I asked them to go ahead. Here are some pictures of Tricia and the animals.
That night I was tired from pushing Tricia around and it was also my first day of my period. So when we arrived back at the hotel, Tricia and I fell asleep immediately. My mom however got stuck in the rush hour traffic. She only arrived back at the hotel around 8pm. Scrap plan to go Night Safari. So we went to Marina Bay Sands instead. What I love about the hotel was the location. It was situated next to Raffles Mall and there was an MRT station downstairs, City Hall station. I surveyed the MRT map and decided to stop at Marina Bay station. When we went out, we saw that the 3 Marina Bay Sands buildings were quite a distance away so we had to walk. Little that I know that the correct station should be Bayfront. Haha.
Since it was quite late and finding halal food was not as easy as it was in Malaysia, we stopped at the first decent restaurant that we saw. The food was delicious. ^_^ Perut kenyang, suke hati.
After that, we made a quick round around the mall area but nothing much interest us. Huhu. I think KL IS a shopping haven, it made this huge posh shopping area looked rather flat. It was not bad but it was okay only. This second night, Batrisyia had started to miss her father. Of course, at the zoo, she kept saying "papa, papa" when I was pushing her in the stroller but back at the hotel, she kept picking up my phone and the hotel's phone and calling out "papa?". So kesian to see her do that, I called my hubby, who that time had safely landed in Jakarta and after a few hours drive, had arrived in Bandung. After the call, I thought she could go to sleep easily but she was cranky and crying and I was tired and irritated that I didn't know what she wanted. Lucky mummy was around and she helped checked Tricia's pampers and oh, she needed a change. After everything was alright, we fell asleep easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment