Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Hubby's Jakarta/Bandung trip

Following hubby's depressing mood since we came back from Jerai, I asked him what his problem was really about. He said, he was just plain tired. During the day, he had to accommodate to Tricia's endless demands and he thought he needed a break from it all. Initially, he wanted to go to Bandung with me but his friends suggested that they go for a vacation together sans the wife so there I was with the prospect of being left behind. I don't like to leave him but I HATE to be left behind by him so I told hubby that he could go the weekend I was going to accompany my mom to Singapore for her conference. Hubby dislikes Singapore so he wasn't going to follow us. Lucky me, he was okay with it so he made his arrangement with his friends to go from Friday to Sunday (18-20th January 2013).
I, on the other hand, was supposed to just go for the weekend, i.e. Saturday - Sunday (19-20th January 2013) but as I said I hated to be left behind so I changed my flight with MAS at an extra cost of RM220 to Thursday night. At least it was the same flight as my mom's and I could help her with all the ground arrangements. Hubby initially wanted to go to Bandung but the tickets were extremely expensive. After doing some homework, comparing MAS and AirAsia, comparing destinations in Indonesia (because our currency was stronger there), they found out that it was very cheap to go to Jakarta by MAS. So they bought the tickets.
Thursday night, when we were on the way to the airport, hubby received a call from his friend saying there was news that Jakarta was flooded and was declared "darurat", which was quite severe. He went to ask at the counter whether their flight got cancelled but someone told him there was no flight cancellation at that moment. Although 70% of the city was under water, the airport was still fine thus planes could still safely land and take off. The only problem was to get out of the airport. Luckily, the driver whom they hired for the weekend said, he could pick them off from Jakarta and then take them to Bandung, which was what they did. The journey to Bandung on a good day was supposed to take about 2 hours or so. However, hubby and friends had to brave through 6-hours drive to Bandung that evening! So much for a relaxing trip.
I have nothing to share about Bandung or even Jakarta. My flight from Singapore was delayed by half an hour or so that Sunday night due to bad weather in KL. Hubby's flight however was delayed for 3 hours! Haha. Sounds like a tiring trip to me. But I'm sure he had a good break because he came back refreshed and ready to take new challenges from our little baby Batrisyia. LOL. As for me, I have nothing to search for in Bandung anyway and I don't feel like I need to go there so I'm fine that MY trip got cancelled. Maybe next time can get hubby to bring me to Bali or Krabi. I LOVEEE the beach. ;)

No comments: