Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Singapore trip (17-20 January 2013) - Day 2

Saturday morning we were waken up rather early by Batrisyia, who was having difficulties to breathe due to her blocked nose. My mom thought it was a bit too early so she wanted to go back to sleep but I told her, if she did, she would be late. So she dragged herself out of bed. Tricia and I went back to sleep happily. =p We woke up again around 10.30am and already missed the 1st SAEx bus. We rushed downstairs to catch the next one at 12.45pm but the guy in the lobby said the bus only goes to Jurong Bird Park and the Zoo. Hmm... wrong info on the website, I guess? I don't know. He insisted that I take another bus to go to the Underwater World. This bus was a feeder bus to Resort World Sentosa (RWS). It was free but I would need to find another way from Resort World to the Underwater World. Gosh, if I knew all these would happen, I would have only bought return tickets on the SAEx bus. But I thought I would be using more of that service and bought 2-day pass, which costed SGD20. Huhu... So it was burn just like that. Tricia and I were the only passengers in the bus, it felt weird. Haha. When we arrived at RWS, I went around to explore the area first. It was drizzling so it was quite hard to move around with my baby in the stroller.

And then I saw the S.E.A. Aquarium and I thought Tricia won't know the difference anyway so why not just go there instead of finding my way to the Underwater World. And happy to report, I didn't regret that decision.

It was quite fun until Tricia fell asleep so I was left alone again. When we reached the viewing hall, it was just spectacular. I bought an ice-cream and just sat on the floor enjoying the view while waiting for my dearest princess to wake up.


We went back around 4.30 or 5pm later that day and I went to Raffles Mall to buy some fruits and yogurt. Waited for my mom to come back, had dinner at the one of the hotel's restaurants and went for a walk from Raffles Mall to some connected malls as it was still drizzling outside before calling it a night. Unfortunately, on our third and final night there, Tricia had started to catch the flu (I blamed it on the weather and of course myself for not taking a better care of her), so she couldn't sleep. Her nose was blocked and she had to breathe through her mouth. I applied Vicks on her chest and her back but I didn't see much improvement. She kept waking up, crying and fell back to sleep a few times until it was about 3am or so when she finally fell into a deep sleep but she was up again by 5am. =_=

No comments: