I wasn't in a very good mood on this final day because of the lack of sleep I had. Since we couldn't do anything else at 5am in the morning, we took our time to pack, pray and then we went down for the buffet breakfast for the first time at 7am. We had a choice of continental breakfast (cold choices only) and all-in (includes hot breakfast). If I'm not mistaken, it was SGD 38 and SGD 48 respectively. We went with the cold choices because, apart from the pancakes and scrambled eggs, we couldn't eat anything else from the "hot" side. Breakfast was alright. We had a wide range of choices from yogurts to fruits to bread, buns and danish.
After breakfast, we went to check out the pool, which we didn't use because Tricia had the flu. There were two separate round pools. No one was there yet. Maybe it was still too early or maybe because it was still drizzling. Then, around 9+, we headed to Vivo City mall. Took the MRT from City Hall to Harbourfront, with an interchange at Outram Park. Again did a quick round and couldn't find anything interesting to buy. I felt like most of the things we could find in Malaysia at a fairly cheaper price. Maybe it was not sale season or maybe mom and I were not the shopaholic type but we just couldn't find anything for ourselves. Wanted to take mom for a walk outside and enjoy the view of Sentosa Island from there but it was still drizzling since the day before so we had to stay inside. Ended up buying stuff for the kids from Mothercare but I couldn't find anything nice enough for my latest niece, baby Emma, whom I had not met that time. Fortunately, found something for her from Cotton On.
By then, it was 11.30am so we had to rush back to check out. Funny thing was Tricia slept all the way from our hotel to vivo city and only woke up when we LEFT vivo city. It didn't take us that long to check out because all our bags were packed already. Managed to check out around 12.30pm. I contemplated to use the quick check out card but since we had time, I decided to queue. Luckily I did because housekeeping recorded that we drank a bottle of wine and ate a pack of Oreo from the minibar. When I gave the lady a puzzled look, she quickly said, you couldn't have bought that and waived the charge off our bill. Fuuhhh. Apart from the breakfast that same morning, I had one more additional charge, i.e. wifi charges. I bought 24-hour connection for 1 device at a cost of SGD 28. Freaking expensive, I tell you. I should have did data roaming instead of buying that. They didn't even have free wifi service at the lobby. That was some of the little things that I didn't fancy about this hotel.
We asked the hotel to keep our bags while we had lunch at Subway in Raffles Mall next door. I confidently ordered Seafood and Crab for myself and was tickled that they didn't have it there. Haha. Okay. Different country, different menu. Mom ordered her standard Tuna and I had eggs for a change. Around 1.30pm we took a cab back to the Terminal 2 airport. We reached there around 2pm. One of the earliest to check in and had to waste 3 hours doing nothing as our flight was scheduled at 5.30pm. Went looking for prayer room and was told we had to go inside through immigration to find one. So we sat by Starbucks for awhile, trying to kill time and let Tricia run loose.
At 3.30pm, we went inside. Mom went for prayer while I bought a tabloid for myself and a book for Tricia. She had her milk and went back to sleep. While I read my tabloid, mom went window shopping for a bit. I was very very exhausted that I couldn't get myself to move but it was so open that I couldn't get myself to sleep. Pity mummy had to entertain herself. She bought some kuihs (malay delicacies) and ate beside her sleepy cranky daughter, ie me. Flight was called on time, but once inside we couldn't take off due to bad weather in KL so our flight was delayed for half an hour or so.
I couldn't sleep on the flight back because Tricia was up and restless. She didn't want to stay in her seat and wanted to go down to play. I even brought her to the toilet with me while I peed. =_= Felt SO good to touch down around 7pm. Had dinner at mom's favourite place Eden. Took cab back to Nilai for RM48. Cleaned up ourselves before meeting the very good baby, Emma Husna ^_^ Supposed to go back to Bangi but I just couldn't get myself to drive back. Slept in Nilai that night and woke up earlier that morning, drove back to Bangi for my clothes before going to work.
I couldn't sleep on the flight back because Tricia was up and restless. She didn't want to stay in her seat and wanted to go down to play. I even brought her to the toilet with me while I peed. =_= Felt SO good to touch down around 7pm. Had dinner at mom's favourite place Eden. Took cab back to Nilai for RM48. Cleaned up ourselves before meeting the very good baby, Emma Husna ^_^ Supposed to go back to Bangi but I just couldn't get myself to drive back. Slept in Nilai that night and woke up earlier that morning, drove back to Bangi for my clothes before going to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment