Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chinese New Year long weekend

I was really looking forward to the long weekend after a hectic week at work. There were so many public holidays last month, which was nice but translated to shorter working days = longer working hours on the remaining working days. Work had been crazy last week.
As expected, spent the 1st day of holiday on Saturday resting. Woke up late, did light washing, cleaning etc, went to ikea to show hubby some sofabeds and had dinner with mom at Williams, Danau Kota. Sunday, mom came over for lunch at Marriot. 2nd yee sang session for the year. Followed by a 3rd one in the evening with my friends at Taman Tasik Cyberjaya.
Monday morning, woke up before 6am to send mom off to KLIA as she went to visit her friend in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Came back home and resumed my sleep. Hubby's diarrhea got worse and he vomitted a couple of times during the night. Mom diagnosed that he had gastric flu and said he had to go easy on his diet so I decided to cook soup for him. That afternoon, before going out for groceries shopping, after Tricia and I had our shower, as usual, I was kissing her non-stop. Out of a sudden, she pushed me and said "no, no, no". WHAT??? Why can't I kiss my own baby? Sigh. You are growing up too fast laa, sayang. Mama iz sad. :(
The whole 3 days, I had been focusing my time on trying to catch up with my Game Theory homework on coursera.org until I didn't have time to take a look at my CFA syllabus at all. What madness is this? So on the last day of holiday, I finally managed to un-enroll myself from the course. Fuhhh... It took a lot of will to un-enroll because I was more than halfway through already! Hope it will help me focus more on my CFA studies.
So sad to leave Tricia to go to work today. But looking at the bright side, smooth traffic and 3-working days this week. Looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: