I had a real scare yesterday! Took my shower in the afternoon after I had done my laundry and dishes in the morning. With all that shampoo and shower foam, I slipped and fell down in my own bathroom! IT WAS DAMN SCARY I tell you... being 7 months pregnant and falling down like that. Lucky I was still thinking. I concentrated hard to NOT fall flat on my bottom. Instead I broke the fall using my left hand and made a soft landing with my legs and on my buttocks. Thank God it was not that bad. Only my left wrist hurts and somewhere down my left rib feels a bit sore as it hit hard against my left hand. I was so so so worried about the little one inside of me. Called hubby's primary school friend who is a practising Doctor, aspiring to become an Obgyn, for consult. She said as long as there is no bleeding, baby is still kicking and my belly is not hardening more than usual, I should be fine. No need to go for a check up. Anyway, my next check-up is due tomorrow so I'll just wait to see my Dr then. I'm sure she'll give me a piece of her mind tomorrow. =_= Dunno whether she will still clear my trip to China mid this month.
Anyway, read this on babycenter.com and felt much better.
Is it normal to feel clumsy during pregnancy?
Yes. Many women feel ungainly when they're pregnant, particularly in their last few months. Clumsiness comes as no surprise when you consider what your body's going through: You're carrying more weight, your center of gravity has shifted with your growing uterus, and hormonal changes can cause your joints to loosen, including those in your fingers and toes. You'll get your balance and dexterity back after you give birth.
When should I call my healthcare provider?
...
Also, a shifting center of gravity means you're more likely to trip and fall, which can be scary when you're pregnant. If you do take a tumble or bang your abdomen, your baby will most likely be perfectly fine. But give your healthcare provider a call right away, just in case. You may need to come in and get checked out.
Btw, today is only the fourth day of Raya and 2 days after our National day. So Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin to everyone out there and Selamat Hari Merdeka, Malaysians! Loves~
Anyway, read this on babycenter.com and felt much better.
Is it normal to feel clumsy during pregnancy?
Yes. Many women feel ungainly when they're pregnant, particularly in their last few months. Clumsiness comes as no surprise when you consider what your body's going through: You're carrying more weight, your center of gravity has shifted with your growing uterus, and hormonal changes can cause your joints to loosen, including those in your fingers and toes. You'll get your balance and dexterity back after you give birth.
When should I call my healthcare provider?
...
Also, a shifting center of gravity means you're more likely to trip and fall, which can be scary when you're pregnant. If you do take a tumble or bang your abdomen, your baby will most likely be perfectly fine. But give your healthcare provider a call right away, just in case. You may need to come in and get checked out.
Btw, today is only the fourth day of Raya and 2 days after our National day. So Selamat Hari Raya and Maaf Zahir Batin to everyone out there and Selamat Hari Merdeka, Malaysians! Loves~
2 comments:
That is scary!!! Thank goodness you're alright b :)
maybe it was some residual jitsu technique i still have in me on how to break a fall =p
Post a Comment