Monday, February 03, 2014

Tanjung Jara Resort - part 1

Late June last year, before I knew I was pregnant, I made a booking on Agoda to go to Tanjung Jara Resort in January 2014 (where it was half the normal price being at the end of the monsoon season). I've heard so much about it and since it is under YTL, I surely have high expectation of the place after our Pangkor Laut Resort experience. Glad to say, it was not disappointing at all. Invited our 68 Beechfield Road gang but only Mimi and Azmir could make it. And of course, my mom and my brother.
Initially, booked to go 18th-20th January. But when the 2014 calendar was announced, 17th January was a public holiday for Thaipusam. Quickly I changed our bookings and let Azmir knows. So we went 17th-19th January, without having to take annual leave if you don't want to. (I did anyway because I knew how tired I'd be after our Lake Kenyir trip.) Quite lucky because my brother just started working in PwC after leaving RHB Investment Bank so he couldn't simply take a day off after only 2 weeks of working. Since we confirmed our booking this time, I cancelled my older booking (free cancellation policy) and upgraded to Serambi rooms with balcony, instead of the cheapest Bumbung room. I was so thankful I did that because I did not know that Bumbung room was on the first floor. Serambi, on the other hand was on ground floor so phew... got lucky there.
We went 3 separate cars. Supposed to start our journey around 9-10ish but ended up leaving our Bangi house around 11.30am. Stopped for lunch at Jalan Belamy first. Then met my mom and bro at a petrol station at the beginning of Karak highway. Mimi and Azmir left their house around 11.15ish and made their way straight to Dungun. They arrived around 4.30ish and we arrived about an hour later. Tricia had fun on the way changing cars as and when she likes. There was this one time she went for more than an hour and I did not receive any call from my mom that I nearly cried because I thought she did not miss me. Wahahaha. Clingy mother I am.
When we arrived, they sounded the gong. Then a staff came out and asked whether I am Ms Farah Haida. Huu, impressive. They ushered us in, gave us cold napkins to freshen up and wipe our faces, and welcome drinks. Mom couldn't take sweet drinks so asked for hot tea instead. Little that she knew that tea was not free. We got charged RM12 for it. Haha. The reception area was already so beautiful.
When we arrived at our rooms, I knew instantly I fell in love with this place. We just arrived then but the first thing I said was "I don't want to go home. I want to stay here longer." Our beautiful room:
Mimi and Azmir who were walking around that time saw us at the reception area so they accompanied us back to our rooms. They stayed for awhile, then gave us space to freshen up before we met again for dinner. For muslim visitors, not only they show us the direction of the kiblat, but they also provide us with prayer mat (sejadah), which few hotels do. We went for dinner at Nelayan restaurant. It was by the seaside and near the swimming pool. Food was rather on the expensive side but our dinner for the 4 of us cost around RM300, which we think was okay. Average food price about RM40-80 per plate. Some of our food. Not all because I was too hungry to be taking pictures at that time. On top of the appetiser in the picture, we were also served with bread and butter, which I LOVE.
After dinner, Mimi and Azmir went back to their room and my family went out because I forgot to bring Tricia's pampers along. Aih, so much for being a seasoned traveller. One of the plus point of this place compared to Pangkor Laut Resort is that we can drive out. Imagine being stranded on a private island and we forgot the pampers. Haaa... Good luck trying to buy some. At 9.30pm, there was still groceries shop opened in Dungun, Terengganu. So yeah, again, I was impressed. Haha.
Went back and had some pamelo mom bought at the shop. Tricia was having fun alternating between our two rooms. Only around 12am, she settled down and went to sleep.

1 comment:

irizis said...

cantik gile!!!!!!! okok must go nxtime