Tuesday, February 18, 2014

35 weeks

Hello peeps. I am now 35 weeks into my pregnancy. Last weight was 73kgs. It's looming nearer and nearer and I am kind of nervous. But I am so happy to report that so far things have been great. My check-up last week was good. Still negative protein and glucose in my urine. Normal blood pressure. Also did vaginal swab so any follow-up required from that test will be done at the next check up... Just in time before the baby comes out. 
Apart from my legs, currently my fingers are also quite swollen. I have been complaining on and on about it only to find out that it is just edema/water retention... quite normal to feel it in the hands also, apart from the legs. Another new thing during this pregnancy. Heard stories from a friend about a mother, who had diabetes during 3rd or 4th month pregnancy. She needs to keep checking her glucose level in her blood and need to inject insulin regularly. Also another mother who had varicose vein around her private part, where it is painful for her to even walk/climb up the stairs especially when she is stressed out. So what I have is nothing to complain about. Yeah, should stop complaining and learn to be more thankful. =) But actually I do feel a bit stronger this pregnancy. Only started to pray on a chair recently, when last pregnancy I started around 7 months or so. Also up until now, I haven't experienced frequent leg cramps at night. Maybe once or twice in the past trimesters. Mom said it is still too early to have that but if I remembered correctly, it happened quite frequent during my last trimester last time. Every time I stretched in the morning, I would MOST definitely get a leg cramp. This time, topped with my laziness of taking my calcium supplement, it is quite amazing I haven't been experiencing it yet. So yeah, add to the list of things to be thankful for.
Baby is also in the right position already. She is so good. We have been telling her to adjust her position before she became to big to move around in my belly and she DID. So her head is down there now but not engaged yet. Still too early for that, I guess. She is now supposedly around 2.5kg or so and looking good to cross the full term mark. Hubby and SIL said maybe next check-up I can tell the Dr to induce already. Then, I don't have to wait so long. But no no.. that's not what I want. I want it to be on time or at least just a week before EDD. 1) Because my confinement lady couldn't come earlier than that. 2) Induce labor is more painful, I heard. I would prefer to go natural, as much as I can. 3) I want to go to Taylor Swift's concert on June 11th while I am still on my maternity leave. So it has to be after March 11th. Hehe.
Honestly, I am quite nervous that my MIL is going away for a 2 weeks holiday end of March. I need herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hope the confinement lady will be around the whole time my MIL is away. Wahahaha. I sound so spoilt. No wonder my own mom didn't want to leave me. My cousin was supposed to get married in March. I told my mom to just go and attend the wedding but my mom said she won't be leaving me. So the wedding got postponed to June. I feel like so special. =p Wahahaha.
Last but not least, I made my pre-admission registration last week. It's getting so real now. =p A sneak peak into the oven. Can you see her chubby cheek? Ngeee  ^_^

No comments: