Monday, August 30, 2010

Stranger at the car wash

Hubby sent me to Im house first thing Saturday morning to pick up my car. We left it there (like old times) coz hubby came down to break fast with my friends. We went IKEA to buy my computer table after dinner, then straight to karaoke with his friends in Nilai so I'd rather us not driving two cars to all these places.
First thing that crossed my mind was to service my car but since the car was sooooo dirty =p, I better sent it to be cleaned first, although sending the car for service at lunch hour would mean longer waiting time. So to the carwash I went. Upon arriving there, before handing my keys to the attendant, I had to transfer ALL my stuff (and junks) into my boot. It was pretty clear how messy my car was... it was for everyone to see... but what the helll. Like I care what everyone else thinks of me. So I sat there and played with my dearest BB the whole time. When it was done, I handed over 10 bucks to the attendant, only to be told, "Sorry kakak. Abang pakai kerete putih tadi dah bayar untuk kakak". I was perplexed. I saw the car. It was a modified white Satria Neo. And I think I sort of saw the owner at the corner of my eyes. (I was scanning the car more than the owner, of course!) He was a fine man... in simple words, very handsome well-dressed man, wayyyyy out of my league. And he paid for MY carwash? Seeing me speechless, the attendant continued... "Die tinggal nombor die untuk kakak. Kakak nak ke?" Thinking I at least need to say thank you, I said sure... gimme his number.
Lets get things straight here. He can't be hitting on me. One, I'm NOT pretty. I am very the comot. Two, since I got married, I have grown fat. So I am farrrr from attractive. And if we wanna talk about personality, what was there to see. I barely said a word to anyone through out the whole waiting time. Before I did anything stupid, I reported the event to hubby. I'm sure hubby was just as confused as I am but being the diplomatic, non-irrationally-jealous, non-controlling man, he proposed that I sms-ed him to say thank you and if he asked for something more than just friendship, "told him you are married". Fair enough. Maybe he was just being sweet. Maybe he has no small change.
I head to the service centre and sms-ed him. Thanking him first, then asking what was that for? Satria Neo club buddies? He later called me. And our conversation started. I am not gonna write down the whole conversation here. It was a pretty long conversation. Cutting the story short, he is a 29-year-old model, in my eyes very smart well-dressed guy, looking for a plain looking girl to settle down with. Hmm, here comes the question: Should I be flattered (to catch the attention of this handsome young dude) or should I be insulted (that he thinks I am not pretty)? Haha. But lets face it world. I ALWAYS KNEW I am NOT the pretty type. I rarely dress-up for any occasion and I rarely put on my make-up. During that maybe a half an hour of conversation (it was cut "short" coz his phone ran out-of-battery), he also called me short and commented on everything I wore that day all the way from my tudung, down to my red sandals. He also said, I am not fat, just that my body store a little too much water and fat. Hmm. This guy made me laugh like mad.... Okay, I was a little flattered to be given so much attention by a stranger who is METROSEXUAL. Haha.
At 12.30pm, my car was just about to be serviced. I asked mommy to do a last minute facial appointment coz my face was out of control. I had pimples like a teenager and the last time I had my facial was before my wedding, which was nearly a year ago! There I laid, restless for awhile and eventually fell asleep. (He called me back but I can't be entertaining him while doing facial so I said I would call him back in the evening.) Halfway into my sleep, Hanijoe called me. The sudden sound woke me up and I got disoriented. For awhile I didn't know where I was. I wondered why there was wet cotton on my eyelids and why my face was covered with slimy stuff. It took me a few extra seconds to come to reality and finally answered my phone. LOL!
Done with facial, I went back to my workshop. Service was done. I complained about my roaring engine and the mechanic told me maybe it was the petrol that I used. Currently am using RON95. Maybe I should go back to RON97? But that's gonna push up my petrol expense by around RM200 a month? Hmm, something to think about. 80k mileage coming soon... perhaps before the year ends. To change my timing belt alone would cost me ard RM400+ ex the usual major service routine. OMG!
Anyway, I went back home, lazy to call this dude back so I texted him. After a few minutes, he called me back until Cyan arrived and continue talking for awhile before he finally agreed to hang up the phone. Not long after, Hanijoe and Irna arrived and off we went to pick up our Satay Kajang and shopping @Bazar Ramadhan. We had a gala time shopping and preparing for berbuke (though a little bit late) =p Sorry guys. Zue and Zack arrived just in time for berbuke. Hudam, Syidi, Aleesya arrived next, followed by Wafa, Azmil and Aliyya. We had a blast eating together, gossiping as well as playing with babies, fire crackers and Hanijoe's Macbook. I had fun with you guysssssssss... Thanks for coming and do come again. =D

3 comments:

Hani Blythe said...

thanks for a wonderful time! I need to come back up more often and spend time more with you ppl!! huhuu

Faizul Azmil said...

kelakar gak citer ni. hahaha. kau dah bagitau dia ke belum kau dah kawen?

Farah Haida said...

Yes, Hanijoe!!! Pls do...
Of course la, Bojol... Hahah... Die cite punye cite, tetibe die tanye "So you ni tak kawen lagi kenape?" Aku cam "Sape pulak ckp kat u yg i tak kawen lagi". Hahahahah. Lawak laaa.