Last Sunday was one of those running errands day. After getting back from Nilai and did my laundry, I went straight back to KL with Irna and Asserk to deal with mummy's BB stuff (separate line under Maxis, fill in form at Digi etc). The matter has not been settled yet due to some backlog and some misunderstanding on Maxis side... But I don't want to dwell on that.
On top of that, I was looking for a monitor for my soon-to-be-set-up PC. Surveying ard, I came across Samsung 21.5" monitor with HD resolution for RM583. Hubby went to Mines and found the same item for 550 which I think a good enough buy without me having to squeeze my way through PC fair at KL Convention Centre. Hubby also went looking at some other models but I insisted on the full HD resolution.
At the same time, abang's desktop, which I "kidnapped" last week was at the repair centre. The guy called me up saying that it was a hard disk problem. I asked how much would it cost me for them to replace the item for me and how many Gb will it be, and how much would it cost me if I just buy the hard disk elsewhere and get them to just install it for me? After I hang up the phone, I feel like such a geek dealing with all this stuff but truth is, I am no geek at all with the amount of knowledge I have on all these technical devices. Lucky Ayet (hubby's cousin) tells us that he can repair the desktop for us so I don't have to incur repair charges. I only have to belanje him makan... Fair enough =) So I took back the desktop from the shop without having to pay for anything (Thank God... I thought they would charge me for identifying the problem for me.)
That night, hubby and I went out with Ayet and Ayet got to use his geeky knowledge to (really) gain my attention. He explained all about the resolution stuff and told me I don't need a full HD for my monitor... Computer does not support that high of a reso (or I would have to change my graphic card, which I don't need since we won't be using it for serious kick-ass games). Even if I would like to connect my wii to it, console games, even more so wii, does not support Hi-Def reso. So I can just proceed buying a cheaper monitor version.
All in all, it was a geeky weekend but most of the things are still pending. Supposed to go Mines shopping all the stuff above with hubby and Ayet last Sunday but since all of us were too bz, we postponed it to next Sunday. Hopefully all the things above will be settled by next Sunday. One week is enough as a gadget geek. =p (perasan mode la kan)
2 comments:
wah!! ayet sangt helpful!!
kan... hahah
Post a Comment