Friday, August 20, 2010

I Have A Lot of Growing Up To Do

If I think staying home on weekends cleaning the house + do laundry and waking up in the wee hours in the morning to prepare sahur is enough to fulfill my duty as a wife, I am clearly living in my own dream world. This entry is a follow up on yesterday's PMS = sulking entry. Last night I threw a tantrum in front of my husband. Here's the story.
Hubby has been busy for about 2 weeks now. He has been coming back very late and very tired. On top of that, it is fasting month AND he had food poisoning where he was experiencing diarrhea and stomach ache, resulting in him to frequent the toilet more often than usual. CLEARLY, he was very very tired. But this sweet loving husband of mine still insisted to come home to me every night although it is wayyy past mid-night and even when his family members (worried about his lack of sleep) try to persuade him to just stay over in Nilai and offered to send him home for sahur. That is notably very sweet of him.
In a parallel world, I have been wanting to watch Inception, Salt and The Sorcerer's Apprentice with him since the movies were launched but we were either too tired or too busy to catch any screening at the nearest cinema. Yesterday, while browsing through the screening time, I realised that Inception will soon be phased out from the cinema so I told hubby about it and he said he'll try to rush back and see if we can catch it.
He arrived home ard 10-ish and called me out. I went into his car and wonder where we were going. He said "I thought you wanted to watch Inception". I replied "Oh, this late? Next show is 11.45pm in Mid-Valley..." Thinking I have to wake up around 4.45am to prepare sahur, and the movie would probably end around 3am, I was not really up for it. But I am not fasting (as I am currently having my period) I could probably just take coffee to last me through the day. However, when I look at him, he was yawning constantly and looked very very tired. So I said, lets go buy DVD instead. He asked me thousands of times whether I am sure with my decision coz obviously the DVD won't be of good quality. All I know is I want to watch Inception and since he is home with me now, and came back just to spend time with me, might as well. So we went ahead and the drama begins.
I opened the lock to my house. There was a sliding door right after the grill but I went ahead and bang my whole body against it. Of course, it is funny but it was also painful. Hubby was laughing at me and I was waiting for him to rub the pain away. But he was taking his time. Open his car's door, one after another, Open it again, Check the boot... Still not done. What the hell was he looking for? So I yelled, "Cepat laaaa... sakit nih" and he was still laughing and said "Itu laa dulu gelakkan org".
Guess what I did. In pain and so mad that he was laughing at me instead of soothing me, I threw the lock on the ground!!! Hubby, with all the stuff in his hand, was not happy I did that and complained, "Jangan la macam nih. Baik tak payah balik awal." Urghhh... Benci. Mmg takyah balik awal kalau nak irritate orang. I stormed inside and waited in front of the front door. He didn't come in. After rubbing the pain away myself, I went back outside to check on him. Apparently, he dropped all his stuff on the ground too, head down on his new Triton. So I picked up his stuff, picked up the lock and the house key, tried to pushed him in but he would't budge. So I just went inside.
I went straight to the kitchen, washed my dirty dishes while crying and went straight to bed. Not in the mood to watch movie... All the while, he was smoking, sitting comfortably on the back of his new triton. Only after he had gain enough strength to deal with me, he came up and comforted me and asked me to watch movie with him downstairs. Melted that he at least still try to make that effort, I went for it, but after just 10 mins, he fell asleep on the couch beside me. Feeling sleepy myself, I woke him up and dragged him upstairs. Back to normality...

4 comments:

Hudarla said...

comel betul la korang nie..

Farah Haida said...

gado mcm budak2 dah tue2 bangke camni pon comel ke? ahahaha... ade jugak org bace entry pjg berjela camni =D

irizis said...

betol. comel gile ok. n mcm drama kt tv pon ade. aku siap picturize while reading ok! (oh n im watching cite pramlee now:| )

Farah Haida said...

hahaha... okay... baiklah. terime kasih =)