Saturday, July 19, 2014

Tricia as a big sister

Hello Hello. Abandoned the blog for a wee bit too long. Now that I have started working, and it is Ramadhan and I have moved back to Nilai with the in-laws, I just find myself always tired. With the travelling back-and-fourth and my working hours, I have very little time to spend with my beloved husband and babies. Gotta cherish what is left of my day.
Realised I didn't record Haziqa weight since birth coz unfortunately, we don't have the same record book for her like Tricia because we went to a different Paed for her jabs. 
Birth weight: 3.19kg
1 month: 3.77kg 
2 months: 4.7kg
3 months: 5.6kg
4 months: 6.2kg

I actually intended to record Tricia's journey as a big sister but I just didn't have the time to update it here. I kept "writing" the stories in my head but never got to type them down. Forgot most of them already so must quickly type down whatever stories I still remember.

On Haziqa's second day, Tricia came over and slept with us in the hospital. One time, I went to the toilet and left a hungry Haziqa crying with her father. Tricia panicked as to why her little baby sister was crying. When her papa told her that her adik was hungry, she ran all over the room looking for milk bottle and gave it to her papa. She said she couldn't find adik's bottle so she gave hers. It was so touching seeing a 2-year-old cares so much for another human being.

As time goes by, she observed that adik is breastfed. She saw how I put on the nipple shield to feed her adik and sometimes watched me pumped my milk into the bottles. She would quietly steal my nipple shield when I was not looking (because I would go berserk if I caught her did it) and put it on her own body. She was not too sure where exactly that thing goes so she simply stick it all over her body... even on her belly button. LOL.

There was so many heart-warming stories between Tricia and Haziqa. Although she acted out (in order to fight back our attention on her and I fought with her a lot because of that), she loves her sister dearly and never had bad intention towards her little sister. Some are undoubtedly dangerous moves but I believed it was done out of love.

One time, we went out for dinner with the big family. While serving us, I noticed the waitress was looking intently at Haziqa. I wondered why was she looking at my baby like she never saw a baby before... only to found out she was looking at Tricia's hand feeding Haziqa peanuts! So slick that elder sister... She was facing the table, not looking at Haziqa but her hands was pushing the peanuts into Haziqa's mouth. I think she didn't want her adik to be left out because everyone else was eating it and no one was feeding her little sister. 

During confinement, she stayed in Nilai during the day and when she came back at night, the first thing she would do was look for her adik and went to kiss her. Not me... Adik first. She would sometimes pick up adik's mosquito net and tried to hit adik with it. Not to hurt her... but to play with her. Was quite scary that time as you had to always watch her. But now, I don't see that behaviour anymore. She started playing differently as adik could respond to her already. So she would show adik upin ipin played on our phones or simply just talk to adik and adik would "talk" back and smile at her big sister.

In the morning, when I left Haziqa's side to shower or eat my Sahur, I would sometimes find  Tricia hugging Haziqa and even made Haziqa her pillow and sleep on her tummy. Haha. Tokma said "adik memang best buat bantal sebab die debuk debuk". And amazingly, most of the time, Haziqa was not bothered by it. Can't wait for Haziqa to grow up and be Tricia's playmate.

No comments: