I feel like death is staring us at our faces. Less than 5 months since the disappearance of MH 370, which until today we still have no clue what happened to it, we were shocked by another devastating news: MH 17 was shot down. It was believed that it was shot down by pro-Russia separatist rebels near the Ukraine-Russia border. Images of victims bodies filled the social media. It is indeed a sad year for Malaysia.
At the same time, during this holy month of Ramadhan, we were bombarded by pictures and news of the war that is currently going on in Gaza between Hamas and the Israelis. The number of death toll of the Palestinians, which were mainly civilians and children, was just UNACCEPTABLE. Currently more than 500 and counting. I have never felt so "close" to a war zone before, as I am today, thanks to the technology of, again, the social media. Can't anyone do something to help? Can't anyone intervene for the better? Read this morning that US army is preparing to send troops into Gaza. Oh my... that is only going to make it worse. Not better. What is happening to the world? Where is the humanity?
Last weekend, after so so long, hubby and I managed to find a time to watch a movie together and since hubby watched most movies shown in the cinemas already, we chose a movie he hadn't watched, recommended by some of my friends, titled The Fault in Our Stars. The movie was supposed to be comedy/romantic/drama but it was actually about living, suffering and death. It was alright, except it made me cry so much, especially now that it hit so close to home.
I feel helpless... Nothing much I can do to change the world. But I hope the small contributions I make here and there do make beneficial changes to the people around me. Let's spread some love, people. Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment