Amazingly I didn't feel pain right after surgery. Was told that the anesthesia would last for 24 hours which was awesome. All I need to do was lie on the bed and breastfeed my baby. However, since I hadn't had any meal since 10pm the night before, I kept asking when could I have my first meal after surgery. The nurse told me that they would give me drinks first. If I didn't throw up, then only they would give me food. I got barley to drink slightly after 12pm. Supposed to get my food around 2pm but none came. Got milo at 4pm and by then I was starving. Mom nearly bought food for me from downstairs but finally I got my porridge at 6pm. I ate greedily until I nearly throw up, which would be no good. Luckily I managed to lie back down from the sitting position, then the sensation disappear so the food went inside safely.
Since the catheter was still there, I did not have to get up to go to the toilet. Hubby went back with Tricia at 2pm to deal with my placenta. That night he came back without Tricia. That was my first night not having Tricia by my side but at least hubby was with me, not like last time when I stayed in a double room. Tricia stayed with Wan and Atok that night. When she came over the next morning, she was not in a very good mood. She didn't want to hug me anymore. So sad.
On a brighter note, Haziqa suckled very well. She managed to breastfeed without hassle. I was so surprised and delighted. No more fighting with my child over breastfeeding. Yeay. However, latching to my right boob was quite a problem as the size was smaller. But she has no problem with the left one so she was satisfied. After a few days of latching, my left nipple became really sore every time she latched on. Thankfully, I had the nipple shield. Been using it until today as it protects my left nipple from being sore and helps with latching with my right boob.
The day after surgery, my IV line was removed but the needle was left at my hand in case of emergency. Hubby came back from lunch excitedly telling me the mother of twins next door had been walking all over the ward floor. I still hadn't left my bed that time as the catheter was still attached to me. When it was removed, I slowly stand up straight as told by kak ina, instead of bowing down, and managed to slowly walk around too. Recovery was very smooth. Alhamdulillah.
I was served porridge through out my stay in the hospital as I needed therapeutic soft food post-surgery. Urinated 3 times and pooped 1 time before I was deemed fit to leave the hospital. Was released on Wednesday, 2 days after surgery and mom took care of me at home before my confinement lady arrived the next Tuesday.


No comments:
Post a Comment