Friday, May 23, 2014

Haziqa's 2 months jab

The whole family's pediatrician is in Seremban, Klinik Pakar Kanak-Kanak Sayangku. The Dr, Dr Oo, is very good with kids and the charge is reasonable so we have stuck with him all these while. The only problem is, it is quite a long drive from Bangi/Nilai and the queue is usually quite long. Recently, a new pediatrician opened up in Bandar Baru Nilai so we decided to give it a try. When for Haziqa's 1 month jab (Hep B second dose) with this male Dr, who was soft spoken, and all was well.
Went last Tuesday for Haziqa's 2nd-month jab (first dose of DTP & Polio and Hib), and we got another male Dr, who was quite masculine, i.e. quite rough. Not that he is not good. He spoke to us with respect and I am sure just as knowledgable, but after the jab, I noticed a red and hard spot at Haziqa's leg. I got panicked.
I searched online and asked around. The answer I got was:
1) Tissue reaction
2) When the jab took place, there was muscle tension.
Initially thought I need to apply warm sponging to it. But later mom called and said I should apply cold sponging. After 2 days, the red spot got blue-r and the hard spot soften. After 3 days, it's completely gone.
Although this kind of side effect might be normal, we have never experienced this kind of side effect with Dr Oo. Guess we will be going back to Seremban after this.
On an unrelated event, ever since that jab, Haziqa has not passed motion yet. I was quite worried as she normally would passed motion at least twice a day. Again, I asked around, and apparently it is normal. My own sister-in-law experienced 7 days without poop with her child and my friend went 14 days with hers. It is now 3 days and counting. No sign of poop yet.
(she just pooped. So 3 days only. yeay)

No comments: