Having a baby this time round is definitely a completely different experience for me compared to the last one.
1) I find confinement period after surgery much easier compared to normal birth. Apart from walking slowly, I didn't have to really keep my legs close together while walking or sitting. I could cross my legs when sitting, which was awesome and I felt more robust. However, healing takes longer. I remember my cut last time was completely healed after two weeks. This time, though not painful, I could still feel my surgery wound one month after. (Post confinement, I tried playing Just Dance on kinect and I felt fine. Now at 2 months after delivery, I don't feel pain anymore. I am just aware/conscious that the wound is there.) Just for my own reference, I completely stopped taking pain-killer 3/4 days after surgery. Last took it Thursday/Friday the week I got home.
2) Breast-feeding (bf) is a bliss. Haziqa don't have a problem latching especially with the help of beloved nipple shield and most importantly, she loves my milk unlike her sister, who preferred formula milk and rejected mine. My only problem is, she loves it too much that she is constantly breast-feeding all the time. Why is that a problem? I couldn't find time to pump and store my EBM for her later when I go back to work. But the fact that I get to bf for the whole 2 months so far is joy enough. I don't mine introducing formula milk into her diet soon if it comes to it.
3) I hired a stay-in confinement lady for 3 weeks, who took care of our (mine and baby) basic needs. Although quite expensive (I paid her RM2.7K for 3 whole weeks), I think it was totally worth it. She was very clean and organised. We had a schedule to follow:
morning: woken up at 8am. breakfast for me. bath for baby. I took my shower. tungku. And urut (on alternate days). Break while she cooked lunch for me. I had lunch... and she would clean up after me. That would be around 12.30pm. Then she took a break...
evening: tea time for me. baby bath. my shower time. tungku. rest. dinner. done by 7.30pm, when she would go back to her room and left me on my own. so when my husband came back, we didn't feel like having a stranger around. We could spend our family time undisturbed.
Here's her blog: http://aisyahrawatanpantang.blogspot.com/
Here's her blog: http://aisyahrawatanpantang.blogspot.com/
4) I was officially done with nifas on the 27th day of pantang. Around 40th+ days I had some showing that was like period. It was too little but it persisted of a couple of days. Around 60+ days, it appeared again. Still very little and didn't last that long.
5) Was having problem with hemorrhoids a week after I delivered and persisted for quite a while. I sucked it up for two weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore and told my mom to get me some medicine. She got me some oral tablets and the anal insertion pill. Took the insertion pill only for nearly two weeks and it was still painful. So I went to the clinic and got myself another round of medicine: anal insertion, oral pill and poop softener liquid. Since I was breast-feeding, I took the oral pill and liquid for about a week until it felt slightly better and stopped. Continued with the anal pill for a week, then stopped. At 66 days, I saw blood as I was passing motion so mom advised me to take the anal supp again. With the hot weather, I am always sweating. Now I am developing panau all over my hands and legs.
6) Missed my post-natal appointment as I didn't expect it to be too early. It was scheduled 2 weeks after my surgery, a week after I went to see my Dr to get my wound cover removed. So made another appointment at my 44th day of pantang, i.e. the last day of pantang. Dr told me we need to wait another wait before we have another baby so that the wound could heal properly and I need to wait two more months for an IUD insertion.
5) Was having problem with hemorrhoids a week after I delivered and persisted for quite a while. I sucked it up for two weeks until I couldn't stand it anymore and told my mom to get me some medicine. She got me some oral tablets and the anal insertion pill. Took the insertion pill only for nearly two weeks and it was still painful. So I went to the clinic and got myself another round of medicine: anal insertion, oral pill and poop softener liquid. Since I was breast-feeding, I took the oral pill and liquid for about a week until it felt slightly better and stopped. Continued with the anal pill for a week, then stopped. At 66 days, I saw blood as I was passing motion so mom advised me to take the anal supp again. With the hot weather, I am always sweating. Now I am developing panau all over my hands and legs.
6) Missed my post-natal appointment as I didn't expect it to be too early. It was scheduled 2 weeks after my surgery, a week after I went to see my Dr to get my wound cover removed. So made another appointment at my 44th day of pantang, i.e. the last day of pantang. Dr told me we need to wait another wait before we have another baby so that the wound could heal properly and I need to wait two more months for an IUD insertion.
No comments:
Post a Comment