Top 5 things doctors wish you'd do for your baby during pregnancy
In this article
- 1. Give up the idea of eating for two
- 2. Get a flu shot
- 3. Check with your OB before going off your meds
- 4. Find your baby's doctor in your third trimester
- 5. Get into the "it takes a village" spirit
While #1 item comes as no surprise, I was quite happy to see #5 item in that article.
5. Get into the "it takes a village" spirit
"Stress during pregnancy has been linked to preterm birth and low birth weight, and those can cause developmental delays and learning disabilities," says pediatrician Alanna Levine. Obviously, just because you're pregnant doesn't mean the demands of work, home, and other children come to a screeching halt. That's why Levine counsels her pregnant patients to ask for any help – from friends, family, or partners – that lightens their load, whether it's doing laundry or providing an hour of childcare. It's especially tough for women who already have kids to take her up on this suggestion, she says, but it's just as important.
I'm not putting it up to hint anyone because I already have wonderful family and friends around to support me. I know I am very very lucky in that sense and I am very thankful for the blessing. Alhamdulillah. It is just that I totally agree being pregnant while taking care of a toddler is much more challenging compared to my first pregnancy. Last time, I can take my time to rest, put my feet up and just chill while waiting to deliver. Now I need to constantly chase after my girl, who can be quite rough at times.
No comments:
Post a Comment