Monday, November 18, 2013

Quiet weekend in

Saturday
Had a good rest with my tiny little family last weekend. Tricia was again down with fever on Friday so I was up from nearly 4am to 6am to cater to her demands. Was waken up by my mom for breakfast nearly 9am. Mom left so I woke hubby up around 11am. It took him nearly one hour to finally wake up and all the while I was doing (handwash) laundry. 12pm left the house to buy tiles for our house, which is currently STILL under construction after one and a half months. Had Kenny Rogers for lunch at the new Bangi Gateaway. It rained heavily right after so we went back to sleep. Spend the rest of the evening at a relative's house as our cousin was getting engaged the next day. We slept quite late that night as everyone had enough sleep during the day. Haha.

Sunday
Woke up around 10.30am. Continued with my washing a bit then was rushing to attend the engagement do. Hubby and I wore the same shade of colour with the bride-to-be. Haha. Nasib baik sepupu sendiri. Kalau tak, kene hamun dah laki aku nih.
Went back to refresh/rest a bit, then off we went again. I had no idea where we were going that time. All hubby said was we were going for a drink. Apparently, he was taking me to have tea in the Majestic Hotel KL. Awhh. It was really lovely. Everything was sooo... British. Muahaha.

 
I had a wonderful wonderful time dating with my husband. I must be very lucky to get dates even after years of being together. We rushed home hoping to go to Putrajaya for some exercise but as soon as we left the house, rain started pouring down again. So we went back and just chill. I continued cleaning the house a bit, Tricia running around aimlessly, hubby stuck in front of the TV watching some recordings on our PVR. I joined him to watch masterchef US season 4 and then it was already 10pm. I fell asleep on Tricia's sofa for half an hour or so then woke up hungry. Went out for seafood dinner and came back super full.
On the way back, hubby was feeling a bit touchy feely. He suddenly said, he couldn't imagine how my late dad could "let me go". I was a little perplexed with this statement. Let me go? How? He said... You know... choosing the new family over an existing daughter. He said now that he has Tricia, he couldn't imagine letting her go... ever... no matter whoever enters his life later. The bond is so strong, it shouldn't be forgotten just because somebody doesn't like the child around. I was speechless. I wanted to defend my dad a bit but I had nothing to say. Tears nearly formed in my eyes but then a familiar feeling kicked in. I don't need to feel sorry for myself because I am strong. I accepted my life as it is and I am fine. Maybe my dad let me go because it was best for me. He needed a wife and I had my mother. If he kept hanging on to me, I would be destroyed by my stepmom. But all the words didn't come out. I kept quiet, didn't reply my husband a word. Then I turned to my daughter and said... at least no matter what happened, you know he will never leave you.
I must thank God everyday for sending this guy to me. The day he entered my life, I stopped trying to stay strong and I let go. I was free and I was finally happy.

No comments: