Thursday, February 02, 2006

Poor left arm

Last Friday, I went for Jitsu alone since Mimi was really not well. Training went on as usual. Not that fun coz when Mimi & Laura aren't there and Robert Craig had to be the guy standing in the middle, I had to go first. (And I am always lost and blurr.) After a troubled-dizzy session, I have to practise groundfighting with Priscilla. On a 2nd day of period, I was not really into it. Already sleepy and tired (from lack of iron during period, I think), I had to do it anyway. We fought for a couple of minutes until energy was all drained out of the body. Up to a point when I was trying to stabilize myself onto the ground with my left hand, Priscilla jumped on me from behind. I fell down, broken my balance and my left hand bent the wrong way. Felt some bones clashed but lucky me, I didn't break any. Just some torn muscle. But that was enough to make me a little bit 'handicapped' for awhile.
Wore slings at Hana's bday party (Natte put it on for me), had Aida and Jid tied up my hair, Mimi put on my jacket, Dina decided to order in on the day I should cook... hmm, not that bad actually, now that I think of the "perks". But it was kinda difficult to work with 1 hand. I wouldn't think it would be that hard. Maybe we sometimes take for granted things that are not so important, like for a righthanded person like me, the left hand. But when it is taken away from u, u'd feel how difficult life is without it. Having difficulties to take a shower, put my shirt on, sleep, carry my hot chocolate etc. But everyone's been supportive especially my housemates and even my far-away-hubby. Thanx guys. U r the best. Last word b4 I continue doing my hw, appreciate the little things u have around u for when it's gone, u r going to miss it. Syukur to Allah for ALL the blessings we receive in our lives. ;)
p/s: my forearm is now kinda blue-ish. A normal sign, I was told. Getting much2 better; can move, can touch, can feel, can carry my mug upstairs. Just can't be fully bent or straighten, move heavier objects and grip tightly. So I guess, no worries =)

2 comments:

irizis said...

Owh lucky it wasn't me. Kalau x sure x leh nk wat ape2 dah :D Not having a left arm doesn't sound at all interesting :|

Farah Haida said...

hahaha. it's different for u. u R a left-hander