I have been "slightly" peer-pressured into toilet training Tricia. Moreover, I wanted to send her to kindergarten soon and most kindergarten would require the child to be toilet trained. I can't depend on the maid to do it especially now that we were left with one, instead of two, to look after the kids. Since this weekend and next weekend would be a long 3-day weekend for me... I felt that maybe I should just give it a try.
Day 1: Despite telling her many times to tell me when she needs to pee, she kept having "accidents" and peed in my room, the kitchen, the living room. She only told me after the accident happened. Whenever I scolded her for not peeing in the toilet, she cried and promised me to pee in the toilet the next time but then accidents happened again.
The first two times was probably my fault. I didn't bring her to the toilet often enough. But the third time, I just brought her to the toilet 10 mins before. I didn't have the heart to scold her so many times so when she took her nap at 7pm, I told her to put on her pampers again. Enough training for one day.
I know my friends told me that I can't do it on weekends only. The training must continue during weekdays. But given the circumstances, it is not possible. I would stick to my weekends routine... until she is more in control of her bladder.
Who knows parenting can be sooo difficult. =p
No comments:
Post a Comment