Hubby and I have always agreed that LOVE requires hard work. It doesn't come easy. 7 years of courtship before marriage had definitely thought us that. We had our fair share of ups and downs but Alhamdulillah, we got through the storms and kept running back to each other. But this post is not about spousal love... I want to talk about family bonds.
Growing up, I was not too close to my grandparents. I don't remember both grandmothers... and both grandfathers were too far away to be visiting me often. Today, looking at how close Tricia is to her grandparents, I feel happy for her. But her closeness doesn't come for free. I don't mean financially, though both sides of the family provided her with plenty, but I am referring to time and energy.
Let's face the fact... Tricia is not easy to look after. She is a bundle of energy that is very Very, I mean, VERY active. She's also nocturnal, like her father, which is the opposite of me. So when her father is out, and it is past mid-night, I would normally go to sleep so she either had to force herself to sleep (which is highly unlikely), entertain herself or disturb other people. Whenever we are in Bangi, she normally would have to mind her own business but when there's other people around, she would most definitely choose the last option. I am lucky to have family around to help me with her. When in Nilai, sometimes my SIL abby would take her in, sometimes my parents-in-law do. When in KL, either my mom or my brother would take on that job.
Mind you, my mom is 64 this year and my in-laws both are in their late-50s. They are strong for their age and are capable to take care of Tricia BUT they are not that young anymore. Having to keep up of that bundle of energy is definitely not easy. But they do it anyway and I am sure out of love. They sacrifice their time and energy to entertain this little stubborn being because she doesn't want to go to sleep.
Is it all a waste? Is it worth it? Because of time and effort put in by them in raising her, she is, unsurprisingly, close to all 3 of her grandparents. She knows her routine to go to Atuk's and Wan's house during the day and during weekends or holidays, she now knows how to demand to visit tokma and cacik. She loves all of them dearly and it is because they effort they put in to raise her. It is not free. Love is not free. Love is hard work.
Thank you everyone, who loves her dearly and help us in taking care of her. We value your effort tremendously. Kiss kiss.
Thank you everyone, who loves her dearly and help us in taking care of her. We value your effort tremendously. Kiss kiss.
No comments:
Post a Comment