Sunday, August 24, 2014

IUD

Last month I called to make an appointment to see my gynae to put in IUD. Since my gynae is very bz, I only managed to secure an appointment after raya. Silly me I didn't write down the appointment date and went the week before. Woke up super early that Saturday only to find out I got the wrong date!
After that, Abby went to see her gynae and her gynae told her to wait for her period before installing hers (mainly coz she never went through normal delivery before). I got discouraged (since I haven't gotten my period yet due to breast-feeding) so I was contemplating not going for my appointment. My mom caught wind of it and forced me to go anyway. After consulting my friend, Dr G, I decided to go. However, we (my mom and I) woke up late that day so I went for the afternoon session. My mom took the number for me at 11.30am and we got the 3rd last number for the day. Arrived there at 3.30pm and only managed to see my Dr at 5.45pm. Kesian Dr saye ramai patient. When I entered the room, she joked "I heard you are pregnant". *jaw drop* ahahaha.
Anyway, my Dr said okay to put in my IUD. Yeayyy. Finally. Been trying to get it installed since my post-natal check up. But since I delivered via C-sec this time, Dr advised me to wait 3 months for the wound to be completely healed as she fear the thing would stick to my wound. Now I can testify to it. To install is not painful... it is just a bit uncomfortable. I just didn't expect that much blood after the procedure. However, I also think the procedure "induced" my period because the day after installation, I had a very bad pain at my lower back. And my breast milk supply was also affected. It was significantly less this whole week, which according to my friend could also be affected by period. Hope it recovers soon...

No comments: