Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Progress so far

Our baby's progress so far: 6 weeks. Right after I came back from UK, I had cramps like period pain near my lower abdomen. I knew it was probably due to travelling stress. Scheduled my first appointment with Dr Siti around 8 weeks and being the busy Dr that she is, I couldn't move my appointment forward so I went to Klinik Wanita Taman Tun in TTDI just to be extra sure that everything was okay.
 
8 weeks: First appointment with Dr Siti! I missed her. Haha. Was so proud to answer her that this pregnancy was planned and not an accident. Did pap smear test and everything was cleared.

13 weeks: Second appointment with Dr Siti. Did blood test. Result to be given at next check-up. Couldn't believe baby was so big already. Some bones already formed. No wonder mummy felt knees a bit loose again. You have been taking my calcium storage. Baby was moving actively during ultrasound. Wahhh... another active child we have here.
For comparison purpose, my weight before pregnancy was 56kg. Now at 16 weeks: 59kg. I have been eating to my heart's desire and stopped my gym workout, which explains the rapid weight gain. First month of pregnancy was fasting month so I didn't gain weight considerably during that time. When I entered my 2nd month, I turned into a cookie monster and had to constantly eat all the time. Now in my second trimester, I am more stable... could go on hours before another meal. However, I have been frequently forgetting to take my supplements =_= bad mama.
Not only that, I have been drinking too little water and last week I thought I feel a funny feeling when pee-ing. Went to the Dr to test my urine and luckily no infection whatsoever. Colour was a bit dark so need to DRINK MORE WATER. One more thing, I just found out, the sharp pain I felt in my lower abdomen when I sneeze is called Round Ligamen Pain.

No comments: