Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Gift from God

Hubby and I had been talking about expanding our little family for awhile. We talked about it and took into consideration future travel plans. Since my younger brother graduated this year, there will no longer be scheduled UK trips in the near future. Mom talked about going to Umrah early 2015 because that is when her current contract ends. I asked her if we can go early 2014, mom said she couldn't take that long a leave while being employed.
Hubby, being the fatherly figure he is, wants to have another child soon. I asked him whether we could delay the plan for another year... i.e. 2015 after we got back from umrah or whether he would still prefer to go ahead with 2014. He said 2014 sounded better. Actually, my mom (especially) and I are not for having kids close apart. I personally think I won't have enough energy, attention, affection to spread between 2 very small children. But hubby thinks he can handle it and let's face it, he handles the kid more than I do most of the time. After much thinking, I agreed to go ahead with his plan... Planning for a 2014 baby.
It goes well with my "list of achievement before crossing 30-years-old" or lack thereof. At least, now I have another item on my list. Having 2 babies before 30. As we all know, my CFA is nowhere near completion. Work... as I just moved to a new department, I had to start from below and it's kinda demotivating to see my "juniors" progressed faster than me. So I have nothing else to look forward to. And since family gives me as much happiness as anything else in the world, why not focus my achievement here!
So after the hustle bustle of the first half of the year, we decided to cut loose and not think about "family planning". We went on a short weekend getaway in Cherating and 2 weeks later...
Even it was not an accident, to be honest, I was still quite shocked to find out. Haha. The pattern was the same. I called hubby to our bathroom to show him the test result. When I asked him to look inside the bathroom, he replied "Pregnant lagi?". His responses. =_= Haih.
We expected to get pregnant maybe 3-4 months down the road but Alhamdulillah, we were given the gift earlier. Allah works in mysterious ways and we are definitely blessed and happy to be having a baby again. Be it a boy or a girl, we will be equally thrilled. Please pray for our safe journey and hopefully it will be as easy as my first one was. InsyaAllah, we will try our best to be good parents to our children as they are truly Gift from God. My expected due date is (EDD) 24th March 2014.

No comments: