Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Cherating 29-30 June 2013

Finally, my one of my long overdue posts. After a hectic first half of the year, hubby and I decided that we need a break. We booked one night stay at The Legend Cherating Beach Resort, via booking.com about a week earlier. Quite last minute, I would say. We chose that resort because it is the "nicest" with reasonable cost. The "nicest" was supposedly ClubMed Cherating but I went online and it costs RM4,000 for a one night package. Okay. Too much.
My friend warned me that the room was so so only. I arrived at the reception area and it looked nice. Our chalet was the furthest from the reception area so it was a bit of a walk. Room was a bit outdated so even with low expectation, it was a bit disappointing. I took pictures of the room but hubby deleted it from his phone so too bad I can't share it here with you. But when I open the balcony door, it was the view of the beach. Spontaneously I said, "I forgot why we came here". It was not for the room but for the beachside serenity.
It was quite late when we arrived. We went to a nearby seafood place for dinner but menu was limited because apparently they just changed cook. Food was again so so. After dinner, we went for midnight walk on the beach near our room. Tricia was having problem walking on the sand because it was too soft, she found it difficult to walk on. So she insisted on being carried all the time.
We slept through the night and morning. Didn't go for breakfast even though it was included in the package. Went for lunch buffet at their restaurant facing the pool. Food... nothing to brag about but service was oh-so-slow. When we asked for the bill, the waiter came back and asked us did anyone quoted any price to us before. Like what the ??? Kept telling us the lunch buffet was quite expensive but didn't tell us how much the total cost was. When we asked from another person, assuming their manager, the same thing happened. The manager asked us whether anyone quoted us the price before. I was so scared hubby would lose his patience but luckily he didn't. Did we look that sloppy that they think we couldn't afford the price? Should have at least told us before we started eating if you are that worried we couldn't afford the bill. 
All in all it was a nice break for us despite the initial scare when we forgot to bring our baby's milk powder. =p So much for being a pro-traveller. Lucky we managed to find a supermarket that was still opened before we arrived at the resort. Haha.

No comments: