15 September 2012: Woke up early for our trip to Capri! I bought this tour via Viator.com. Bus from Rome took 3 hours and then we boarded a medium-sized ship at Napoli Beverello to Capri. Capri was SO BeAuTiFuL. The water was clear blue and the view of houses build on the hill looked like Greece to me. The road to Anacapri, the top part of the island was very very narrow, it was quite a scary bus-ride climbing up. People here mostly walk or ride a bicycle/motorcycle. Lunch was provided and it was quite filling. A lot of handmade stuff on sale but just a bit too pricey for me. The ladies handmade sandals were quite pretty though, cost at least 60 euros per pair. The nicer once cost around 130-160 euros or so. If they were cheaper, I might have bought one pair for myself.
Hubby and abg went up this hanging-cable-chair but mummy and I stayed down with Batrisyia. They said the view up there was postcard worthy, obviously! Going back, we missed our boat back to Napoli by 2 minutes!!! Oh Italy. Why you always do that to us.
16 September 2012: We had a tight schedule to walk around Rome this day because we had a flight to catch at 5:50pm. Most important place to go to was the Vatican City because hubby specifically requested it and that was why we went to Rome in the first place. He really wanted to go visit the smallest country in the world. Since it was a Sunday, there was a mass going on that time but tourist were still allowed to come in. Mummy waited outside since she was already tired from all the walking we had done. Had a drink at cafe by the roadside before heading to Castel Sant'angelo and Fontana di Neptuno, Piazza Navona (appeared in one of Angels and Demons scenes). Took a cab to Colleseum and rushed back to our Hotel to check-out.
All-in-all, it was a good trip. We settled abang down and had a good, fun break, albeit a tiring one that I felt like I needed another break from this break! Hehe. I was so thankful I bought a new Sony camera in time for this trip. The Olympus camera I bought last year was so bluergh, wasted my money only. Till next year then! Abang, hope you study well and take full advantage of this opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment