Monday, April 09, 2012

Master Chin at Central Market

I'm moving to a new desk effective next month. This whole month is my transitional period. Morning I will be with Money Sales. Afternoon, I will go one floor up to Term Structure Hedging. I have been unhappy with my work performance for awhile but I stayed on because 1) I feel the need to "give back" to the department for helping me getting my PKMC licence and accepting me into Treasury. I was told by a senior to stay for at least 2 years, which I did. 2) I wanted to move out last year but couldn't find any internal vacancy (by internal, I mean Treasury only) AND I got pregnant. So when I came back from maternity leave, I straight away made an appointment with our career advisor and got my transfer. Yeay to that!
I know this is the best decision for now. I want to learn more technical stuff and this desk offers just that. I got to learn about FTP pricing, IRS, hedge accounting and a lot more which are very2 technical. One guy there was from the same batch as me but he is a level higher than me already. I know I am at least as good if not better so sometimes I wonder why didn't I joined this department earlier like he did. Fate, I suppose. At least I have my Batrisyia Hana now so I must strive harder to be better at work. 
Back to the point, with all the uncertainties in the future, I feel like going to Master Chin to see what lies ahead in my career. I thought of going to him after Abby went to see him earlier this year. Just for fun. I will believe what I want to believe anyway so it is not really "fortune telling". More like stating the current situation to your face. It costs RM90 to "read" about yourself and one subject of Tarot card reading. I gave him RM100 and instead of giving me RM10 back, he asked me to pick two subjects instead. Haha, okay. 
First, I had to write my name and my date of birth. Apparently, in my past life, I had a loved one, and a happy family but they all died so I was very very sad. When I came to this world, I sometimes got very sad too. Then I had to put both my fists on the table, thumbs up. Looking at my face, he said my first child is a daughter. (Isn't it obvious? Hubby was feeding Tricia beside me that time. LOL) I will have maybe 3 children. At least 2. I will have a boy too. I have a lot of siblings (really???) but they stayed far from me (oh. I forgot my dad's children. Haha.) Referring to my cheek/cheekbone, I have power/leadership skills. My lips shows long life.. at least 80 years old. Then I had to clasp my hands together before putting my hands on the table facing down, showing all my fingers. Same thing, power, leadership, good at marketing (Hah? I doubt it. If not, I would have done really well where I am), can talk to people. Then he flexed my fingers a bit and said that I'm very close to my siblings. (Maybe one) Next was palm reading. I like to help people, can work as Dr, nurse etc. (Heard this from Abby), marriage, children, long life, emotional but easily contented - got car, got house, happy already. I like to change my mind that I might have missed a lot of opportunities because of that. (Hmm? Job wise?) Tarot card reading, I chose work/career and luck/money. I had to shuffle the cards with my left hand and then split the stacks into 3 before putting them back together. Work/Career - First card was death. (Okay, I was scared.) But apparently it means rebirth - people will help me when I need it. I have been unhappy at work. I prayed to my Allah. Someone is being unfair to me. People not treating me right. People are jealous of me. (Huh? Jealous for what? I have no achievement whatsoever yet.) All the cards are bad. I might be moving in a few months or so if I continue to be unhappy. (Hmm.. Is this referring to my new department or old one. I'm so confuse.) Luck/Money - Again with the death card. This year is okay. I have money but is not enough. (Yes, it is not enough. I'm going to travel overseas and I have no extra income to spend!!! Well, money is never enough anyway.) I am good with money. When I have no money I stayed at home and when I do have money, I know how to spend them well. I guess that's it about me.
Hubby's story - He was a soldier. He killed many people in his past life. So he has to pay back karma in this life. What he has to do is talk to a river (???), any river, to dispel the karma away. He had many siblings. He got married in his twenties. (Duhhh.. obviously. He is still in his twenties.) He will have 3 children, but quite difficult to get boy, will only have one. (Good to hear the same prediction, ey? Haha.) He has strong fingers, has power and leadership, long life. His tarot card reading - own business - already stable, looking for something new to do, received a lot of support from family, father helped him set-up the business in the beginning. Money wise - same as mine - when he has money he knows how to spend and enjoy but when he has no money, he will just stay at home. Health - Generally no problem but he worries about it too much. Just a little headache once in awhile. That's all I could hear and remember coz I was busy with Tricia that time.
Was the money worth it? Not for the facts, no. But it was quite fun to do something different once in awhile so yeah... I didn't regret it. 

No comments: