Monday, April 23, 2012

Cameron Highlands

A couple of friends wanted to go to Cameron Highlands for the weekend and since hubby generally likes going to Cameron Highlands, I offered to arrange for accommodation. What should be a weekend with friends turned out to be a weekend with family as they all bailed out at the very last minute. Each with their own reason: sick, no mood, didn't get mom's permission. =_= Kinda ironic since the date was picked to accommodate everyone else. I would not have picked this date as my exam is just around the corner. Booking the place was a real headache as I was trying to keep the cost at a minimal. Hubby already said to let it be and absorb the cost if need be but me being me... I wanted to make it as cost effective as possible. And absorb the cost we did. Seriously, if there is a next time, I would make everyone commit to it by paying a non-refundable booking fee. 
 I came home Friday night feeling tired and not in the mood to go. Packing not done and baby was sick. But big thanks to hubby for taking the charge, rushed here and there to get baby's medicines and last minute supply and packed our stuff in a jiffy. Then off we went to KL to pick mummy and abang up, before meeting Zairie halfway for the climb. Alhamdullilah, everything went smoothly and we made it safely there. When I entered the unit, I was pleasantly surprised to see how big the unit really was. Everyone had enough space to gather in front of the TV in the living room as sofas were plenty. Why we picked Villa Dahlia in the first place was because of the kitchen. Hubby likes to eat fresh veges every time he comes here so we must be able to cook... so no hotels. You can get your pots and pans and towels from the reception. Even plates and utensils are available in the kitchen. So... naturally, first thing we did Saturday morning was shopping for veges before cooking our big vegetarian lunch! Plus, fried chicken as the side. Haha.
Uda in front of the signage
After lunch, everyone took a break by freshing up, taking a nap, praying etc etc but hubby was already excited to go to Boh's Sg Palas tea plantation. It had a breathtaking view and hubby pointed out that one of Ombak Rindu scenes was shot here. Not my first time here but it's good to be back. Ordered 2 chocolate rolls for myself =p and had Strawberry Rasberry infusion tea. Tasted like Ribena. Luckily, hubby insisted we went early as the place closed at 4.30pm so we had just enough time. After that, Uda and I split up. They went to the pasar tani by the roadside and we went to Taman Agro Tourist. Food and drinks here are all strawberry based. Very the berry. We made it just in time here too as the place closed at 6.30pm so we had just enough time to sit for a drink. Went back to our apartment right after and had steamboat dinner (thanks to Uda and Ebuzz) and nasi + sayur + telur dadar (thanks to mummy). I didn't cook much because I cut myself at my first attempt. =p Slept early that night as I was down with flu. Tricia also was uncomfortable because of her blocked nose. Pity us. Zairie left at around 8pm.
Next morning, had egg-based breakfast before we checked-out. Then Uda, Ebuzz and Nazwan left. My family stopped by the market for some last minute vege shopping and then took a breather at another tea plantation, Cameron Bharat. All in all, it was a good break. I didn't think I would enjoy it but I did. Special shout out to my hubby for making it such a fulfilling trip. And Uda, thanks for not ditching me!

2 comments:

Irwan H. said...

Tricia is so adorable :)

Farah Haida said...

Thank you. ^_^ So is Daanish!