I have news to share. I am, or shall I say WE are, pregnant! At the point of me typing this down, I am 6 weeks along. Due to people's believe though, we can only make the official annoucement after the first trimester is over. Let's see if I can hold it that long before I hit the button "Publish Post". I want to record every single memory of this experience, this journey so this is gonna be a bit boring to some. Feel free to skip any post with this label altogether. =) So how did we find out?
My LMP (Last Menstrual Period) was on the 8th February, so the next one is due on the 7th or 8th of March... a Monday and a Tuesday respectively. All the signs signifying that it's coming were there... the moodswing, the cramp etc... But still no sign of the red flag. I took a home pregnancy test Thursday morning and it was negative. Okay.... Friday still no sign so I took another test at 10pm, just before we left for PD for our family vacation.
The result: As shown on the top right corner of
the picture. Pregnant. (Very early stage). I panicked. OMG! This is really happening??? Hubby reached home about 5 mins later and I called him up. His cousin, Ayet, was left downstairs. Me: Remember I told you my period is late? Him: Yeah, but there was a time it was even later right? Me: Right but... (points towards the bathroom sink where the test result was) Him: What is that? Oh... don't tell me... What's the result? Me: Have a look yourself!
the picture. Pregnant. (Very early stage). I panicked. OMG! This is really happening??? Hubby reached home about 5 mins later and I called him up. His cousin, Ayet, was left downstairs. Me: Remember I told you my period is late? Him: Yeah, but there was a time it was even later right? Me: Right but... (points towards the bathroom sink where the test result was) Him: What is that? Oh... don't tell me... What's the result? Me: Have a look yourself!
Okay. Don't panic. Let's just do another test later. So we packed and went to PD. All the way thinking that it could not be positive. It's not like we are on family planning or anything. But we've NOT been planning for so long and nothing happened so THIS came as a total surprise.
So the next day, we went to the pharmacy and
got another test. This test stick is more expensive than the last one used. So hopefully more sensitive. The rest of the family at that point of time were playing volleyball downstairs. We excused ourselves to take the test. The result: VERY Positive. Okay. There's no denying it now. So what do we do? What do we do? We decided to tell his mom. Mom-in-law was cool about it and told us to wait 2 weeks before we make an appointment to see a Doctor. So okay. Time to cool our heads off...
got another test. This test stick is more expensive than the last one used. So hopefully more sensitive. The rest of the family at that point of time were playing volleyball downstairs. We excused ourselves to take the test. The result: VERY Positive. Okay. There's no denying it now. So what do we do? What do we do? We decided to tell his mom. Mom-in-law was cool about it and told us to wait 2 weeks before we make an appointment to see a Doctor. So okay. Time to cool our heads off...
Came back from PD. And just to be sure... I took
another test, using a cheap pregnancy test, the same brand that I used the first time, the one that gave me a negative result Thursday morning. This time I could clearly see that TWO lines... so it's a definite positive. Okay. Reality setting in. Gotta go see my mom and tell her. So that night, met mom and bro at TGIF Wangsa Walk for dinner and we broke the news. Mummy took the news better than we did, I mean she wasn't so shocked. =p Haha. Went to the pharmacy immediately to buy Obimin and lotion (to avoid stretch marks). Our journey as parents begins right there.
another test, using a cheap pregnancy test, the same brand that I used the first time, the one that gave me a negative result Thursday morning. This time I could clearly see that TWO lines... so it's a definite positive. Okay. Reality setting in. Gotta go see my mom and tell her. So that night, met mom and bro at TGIF Wangsa Walk for dinner and we broke the news. Mummy took the news better than we did, I mean she wasn't so shocked. =p Haha. Went to the pharmacy immediately to buy Obimin and lotion (to avoid stretch marks). Our journey as parents begins right there.
No comments:
Post a Comment