Friday, February 18, 2011

Risk averse

I am finally following up with my plan to take up the interest-only-package loan, initially intended to settle hubby's PTPTN loan. Now I am just taking it to take advantage of the (dividend-interest) income. *tamak* I will stick to my new year reso to pay PTPTN consistently for the time being since the interest/admin fee is relatively low so I will just invest current ?available? excess fund credit elsewhere.
I decided not to apply this loan for hubby coz 1) I do not want him to be committed to a big monthly fixed payment at the moment hence I would have to take a smaller amount of loan, which would bring a very low return. 2) The hassle that we have to go through to apply for him: the 5% downpayment (he is not eligible to take 100% loan as he is self-employed with no payslip/tax return documents), providing all the SSM documents, a few bank statements, opening new account for standing instructions and to top them all, I would be the one doing the application and management thereafter is just a bit too stressful. So I will take it under my name. Easier.
During morning briefing today, I saw my classmate during our MT programme gave update on the FX market as he usually does. He is now an FX trader, just what he wanted to be since back then. I WANTED to be a trader but didn't have enough guts to enter the market and fight for the position. It hit me this morning: I am very Risk-Averse. Not a good trait for a trader actually. Haha. Money desk, where I am currently at now, is actually the best place for me to be. While I am loading myself with all these ASB loans, which are pretty risk less, my friends have started venturing out into stock market, mutual funds, private ventures etc... All of these are definitely riskier. High Risk, High Return. Basic right?
When will I get there, I don't know. Possibly when I have extra fund, which I cannot invest in any safe investment anymore. That is a long way to go. For now, let's just keep whatever little money I have SAFE. Hehe.

No comments: