Thursday, April 29, 2010

My sis-in-law

Yesterday, my sis-in-law, her bf and one of our cousins came over and hang out. The initial plan was for hubby and me to cook prawn fritters (cucur udang) for our guests. It turned out to be the other way round. Sis-in-law aka abby came and took over the post from hubby... did the dough and continued with the frying. Feeling guilty for letting my guest cook (with a tiny little relieve I didn't have to do it =p), I constantly tried to shoo her away to the living room, insisting of taking over the frying part. (I will NOT take over the mixing part though.) Hubby however, was sooo amazed that THIS sister of his CAN cook. Being in a family of cooking experts, he always thought that he and abby were the only ones that can't/don't cook. All the others are very good at it. She proved him wrong. Her reply when hubby asked why she doesn't cook at home was "There are so many professionals around already."
Oh! I LOVE that answer. Haha. I am always thankful to have her around. She makes me feel connected to the family other than the tie I have with hubby. Both of us are not working with the parents, both of us are not in a rush to have babies, both of us like to hang out with friends and now both of us don't cook at home simple because other ppl can cook better. If I were asked that same question, my answer would be "There is no need to settle for my substandard cooking as everyone else can definitely prepare a more decent food that I can." Haha...
I Love You, Sis!
P.s. - I should also add that we both blog. Haha

1 comment:

Hudarla said...

awhhh.. u actually made a post about me? how sweet..super sweet! 

anyway, thanks for inviting me to come over and play wii tho i suck at it. but the laughing part was definitely priceless and I had sooo much fun too!

about the cooking part,oh yeah, we know better how to shut other's mouth when we were question about it ..just in case ;p