Just to add a few more pointers and stories for prospective newly-weds.
1) Make sure you know your qariah and your registration centre
-One friend of mine, stays at the border of KL-Selangor. Her address is in KL but the mosque nearest to her house is Selangor. So when she went to JAWI, she was sent to JAIS. When she went to JAIS, she was told she to go to JAWI. She had to go back and forth a few times before finally one Jabatan Agama accepted her application. (See... even they don't know which place falls under whose jurisdiction)
-Another friend of mine, stays in Bangi and went to the nearest PAID (Pejabat Agama Islam Daerah) in Kajang to submit her application. She was told that she had to submit her application in Salak Selatan, which is near KLIA and Nilai, Hazmi's current area. Hazmi, on the other hand, can't submit there, since that would fall under Selangor. So he has to submit in Seremban. So make sure you get your registration centre right.
2) Changing of address
-I dont have much experience in this. The most I had to do was fill in a form confirming my status of residency, signed by my kadi. I had to do this because the address in my IC is different from my house address. But the address in my IC is just in the housing area next to mine so it is still in KL and within the same vicinity.
-I heard a friend of mine, who is from Penang but currently staying in KL, is trying to claim residency here in KL. In other words, he is trying to file his application in KL, instead of in Penang. So I heard he has to fill in some forms proving his current address, bla bla bla. I don't know the procedure so to those who plan to do the same, better go find out about that.
Ok peeps. I am just sharing these stories here so that you people would be more prepared to face these challenges ahead of you. It might be simple and easy for some, but if you are a bit unlucky, it could also get very complicated. Speaking about inefficiency, I was told by JAWI, it would only take about an hour or so for them to process the application but when Hazmi went to submit his form in Seremban, he was told that they need 3 days to process the application. So just be prepared. Don't be surprised if you take a day off from work to settle all these things, just to be told that it can't be done within a day. Good luck~
3 comments:
Rukun Nikah ade 5 je, SISWA:
S - Suami
I - Isteri
S - Saksi
W - Wali
A - Akad
Mengapakah prosedur2 itu menyusahkan benda yang mudah? Itu baru formalities, belum masuk yang adat-istiadat lagi. Hish.
Memang formalities itu ada baiknye untuk masa depan, tapi kan boleh dipermudahkan. Like u said, a centralized system should be able improve the process, greatly.
Wahhhhh.
Bak kate Syakila:
"Aku pun...tak tahu..."
haaa kat sini yg jelas korg xpaham...
to be able to have a centralise system... kene guna syariah in its totality for muslims...
selagi sultan/raja bagi negeri2 dan agong as ketua agama utk negeri xde sultan... it juz wont work...
xpe2... niat nak kahwin tu dah baik.. so bersabar... dugaan byk nak buat kebaikan ni...
huhu
Post a Comment