I don't understand why it is so difficult to process marriage application in Malaysia. When I wanted to collect the form, I asked a friend, who then asked her father, whether I should go to Seremban to get the form for my fiance. I was told I can get everything from JAWI (Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan) since my marriage will be registered there. So I drove all the way from Nilai to KL to pick up both forms and was told that I need to go to Seremban to pick up Hazmi's form. =_= Today the same thing happened again. Hazmi has filled up his form and got the imam's signature. So I went to see my imam and I asked him. "Do I need to submit Hazmi's form to Jabatan Agama Seremban?" He told me, I don't have to do that because the marriage will be registered in KL so everything will be arranged here. This time, I asked again, "Are you sure?" He said yes. Considering he is the imam of my area, I believed him when he said that. However, when I went to JAWI just now, I was again told that Hazmi needs to get permission from Seremban to get married. Firstly, we DON'T NEED YOUR PERMISSION TO GET MARRIED. And secondly, why can't everything be centralised? I mean, after all, we are all in Malaysia. Why can't they have a database and process everything from anywhere, as long as you submit your form to a Jabatan Agama, irregardless in which state you submit your form to? Urgh. They are making it so difficult to get married.
Another thing is, my parents are divorced. Since I am their first daughter, I need to provide their marriage certificate to prove that I am a legitimate daughter from that marriage. Fair enough. Since they are divorced, I provided their divorce letter and my mom's swearing-in letter to confirm the matter above. But each time, they have a look at the letter, they will just have to ask, "surat nikah takde eh?". Aren't YOU the one working in Jabatan Agama? Shouldn't YOU know that when you got divorced, they will take back the marriage certificate??? OMG! Damn irritating. Please stop asking me stupid questions!!!
To those who are in the process of getting all this permission/approval crap, here's the list of what you should do (irregardless of what anyone else might say):
1) Go for the marriage course
2) Collect guy's form from his state's Jabatan Agama
3) Collect girl's form from her state's Jabatan Agama
4) Do HIV test
5) Fill in forms
6) Guys - Need pengakuan akuan bujang from employer/ketua kampung/imam
7) First daughters - Provide parent's marriage certificate. If divorced, provide divorce letter and surat sumpah
8) Submit form to guy's side for kebenaran berkahwin
9) Submit form (together with guy's completed form and approval) to girl's side for kebenaran berkahwin
It was supposed to be a simple process so it should be done in no time. But when different ppl tell you different things and the Jabatan Agama being so inflexible, it just complicates the whole process. I hope this is a bit of a help for prospective newly-weds (if you don't already know).
8 comments:
cool tips. haha.
hohoho now u know...
and wanna know on the big secret...
this is what we get for not implementing syariah n islamic law in its totality n bukannye islam had hari hohoho
Bojol, bak kate penyampai top gear "Top tips!" Aku sebagai orang yang mempunyai persamaan dengan keadaan sebegini perlulah mengambil nota..
hahahahah... islam had hari...
sigh... they should at least try to improve their systems laa... nyusahkan... and encik azmir... you definitely should take note of this very simple process... if not, mmg akan waste time nak ulang alik selangor - johor laa kan. bojol... i am cool... wakakakaka
Oh, another 2 cents. I suppose it's come down to this perhaps due to the fact that Jabatan Agama is under States and not Federal. Sebab tu Pusat Zakat pun lain-lain. Ah well.
yup. hence the title of the entry, centralised the syariah system in malaysia, please... Just standardise it
> Azmir: aku tak tengok Top Gear, so takleh cakap "top tips!" Tapi kalau aku tengok Fifth Gear boley ke aku cakap "Fifth Tips!" That's not even grammatically correct kots. Ah, whatever.
Belum ade peluang untuk berkahwin. Ahaks.
> Farah: Cool you are.
Post a Comment