Thursday, April 12, 2007

More about me

Continuation from the last entry
6) I'm scared of dogs
I think I'm qualified to be called a cynophobia. I don't really know why I fear them so much. It's not like I had a scary history with them or anything but my fear of dogs got worse here because there's just so many of them around.
7) I love roller coasters
This is my way of having fun... I enjoy the adrenalin rush moments when riding a roller coaster. Plain roller coasters aren't that exciting anymore. I want adventure... not accidents... just pure adventure on the ride.
8) I treasure my belongings
And because of that, I think, I'm quite possessive. This is quite related to #1. I know what I want. When I got it, I will usually treasure it. For example, I still use my Baby G watch that my dad gave me as a present when I was 15. I am still using my mechanical pencil I bought when I was 16. (I only have one mechanical pencil of that kind when my brother had about 10 that time. I don't think he even has 1 left now.) There are a few other watches and pencils but these particular ones are among the things I treasure. It may seem insignificant to you but I will definitely feel sad if my things are lost or broken. That's why I labeled my stuff when I was in school. Not that I think people would steal it, but it's easier for me to spot my stuff so that I don't have to constantly buy new ones. To put it simply, I treasure my belongings and take care of my stuff.

9) In the UK, I track my expenses and cash flow to the last penny

This is because of my limited budget. I barely had enough allowance in a month so I have to keep track of my expenses. It's just that I take it a little too seriously, knowing I don't remember what I have to pay and had paid, thanx to my short term memory. I recorded every single movement of my cash and bank transaction. What better way to put my knowledge into practice eh? However, I only do that here in the UK for now, not in Malaysia. Probably I'd start doing that later in Malaysia when I start earning my own money. hehe.
10) I don't like shopping
It is weird being a girl that dislikes shopping but growing up with my dad contributed to this trait. Or maybe it is just in my genes as people always say that I am a carbon copy of my dad. I take up mostly everything he likes or does. It's not that I don't go shopping at all. I still go shopping for the things I need or when I feel like spending some money but not as a hobby. Shopping, to me, is a very tiring activity. Some of my friends even commented that I shop like a guy. Come to think of it, that might be true. Ahh, I'm sure my bf's happy about that because he dislikes shopping more than I do.
11) I get cranky when I am sleepy or hungry
When I am sleepy but forced to stay up, I would start talking crap. Even I can't understand myself sometimes. My brain would not function at its best when I'm sleepy. Back when I was in TKC, if Nana Khairi came to my room to ask an add maths question after lights off, I would have to send her back and promise to go find her first thing in the morning. Even if I tried, my brain refuse to function without enough sleep. It's like a battery to a laptop. As for when I am hungry, I would keep on saying "hungry, hungry, hungry" consciously or unconsciously until I get my food. I'm like a small new born baby, crying for attention until it's fed. Do you think you can stand me??? A challenge up for grab. Haha
Well, 11 is enough for now. Tadaa...

8 comments:

mr dx said...

do u not have a lot of --phobias? heheh :P

Farah Haida said...

hahaha... not so prominent compared to this one, i guess =p u actually read everything??? aawwhhh so sweet. don't waste time here... go study! hehe

Amethyste said...

i think i can understand the bit about treasuring ur belongings...i have things that i keep till now cause of sentimental values even tho its old and doens't look as good as before :P

Farah Haida said...

you read this too? aawhhh, you guysss... so sweet. hehe. hmm, maybe because of sentimental value, maybe because i'm reluctant to changes or maybe i'm just stingy to buy a new one =p but but i don't have money!!! i'm broke now. sigh. owh owh, yes, i have few other phobias... now i remember another one. centipede-phobia

Faizul Azmil said...

aku pon bace juge (nak sweet jugak)
keskeskes
tapi bukankah ko sepatutnye sedang menjadi seorang nerd??
study, study!
ahaha

Farah Haida said...

hahah, of course laa bojol sweet jugak. sbb bace blog walaupun pjg... (ye ke kau bace... ke saje tulis sbb nak sweet gak. haha) sbb bg semangat b4 interview, sbb layan aku kacau kat conventry. hehe. yerrr, aku sedang study. (haha, tipu sekali)

Anonymous said...

huhu fear or doggies? huhu comei ape... juz haramla.. n as far as i cross upon them here they wont bark.. even make way for us to walk/pass by.. huhu gue lagi geli/takut sama tikus hahah

Farah Haida said...

haha. i am still amazed ppl actually read my ramblings. anyway, i know they are cute. I even feel like squshing them when I saw them on tv commercials. (not in a violent way =p) It's just that whenever I am near them, I feel so scared. Not bcoz of haram. I am really scared of them. No idea why. I can't explain it myself. I know they won't harm me, especially here, dogs here are very well trained, it is just a weird feeling. Owh well, i'm not scared of tikus though ;)