Friday, November 24, 2006

Manchester Trip

Aida & I went to Manchester... in the middle of the week!!! I don't wanna say why. No particular reason. If you know, then good, keep quite. It is no big deal. If you don't, I said, No big deal. Anyway, I LoVe the city... did I say CITY??? Yes, it is a city. Despite the unfriendly weather, I love the atmosphere. There were big shopping stores... Really2 big and they have more scattered around the town. I didn't get the opportunity to window shopping around, which was a pity but I did have a good look though. I would love to go there again. Probably next time, I'll take my time and go into each and every single store just to enjoy the feeling of window shopping in a big place... just like in KL. hehe. Hmm, I sound like I miss KL... and I really do. I like a place that reminds me of home. KL is my home and I'm going back this winter. Yeayyy. ~ We stayed there for a night... at a friend's house, Mimi, who was a really good hostess. Thanx a lot, dear. Hope we did not bother her so much. If not, next time she probably doesn't want to be our tour guide anymore. hehe. Well, there's not much to tell when we were only there for a short while. I was a bit jakun when I see the tram. Not that I've never seen one before but there is no tram in London. They also have the wheel of Manchester, which is very much like the London Eye but this one goes around faster and is only available in winter. They take it down in Summer. I wonder why. Then, there's the Christmas market, where they sell lots of stuff including hot chocolate and brandy. What a combination... Even if I could, I don't dare try it. And for record breaking category, this is the first time I had a ride in a car since I've been here in the UK excluding the trips to and fro airports, that is. haha. All in all, I had a great time exploring. One down here... More to go :)

No comments: